Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance se…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Responsible for supervising the operation of as required for Oceaneering Subsea Robotics Equipment Operations (Remotely Operated Vehicles, IWOCS and RWOCS Systems, Tensioning and Reel Systems) in a safe and efficient manner, to include the maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of all electronic, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and sub-systems.
- Responsible for operating and training of operators of Remotely Operated Vehicles, Workover Control Systems, Tensioning Systems and Reel Systems.
- Supervise the maintenance and repairs on electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical units/equipment, the use of test equipment, calibration and alignment, and the performance of general housekeeping and corrosion control.
- Manage crew and customer work scheduling.
- Maintain communications and good relations with offshore work location leadership, crew and fellow Oceaneering crew members, write reports, and maintain records.
- Manage and support all required safety programs of Oceaneering and Oceaneering clients.
- Integrate system modifications (advanced skills): design, build, and interface electrical and hydraulic systems, maintain technical documentation, and design and construct mounting systems.
- Able to direct the integration of and guide in operation of all tooling including but not limited to cutters, pump units, multipurpose skids, dredging systems, standalone sensory systems, and any other tooling integrated to the Remotely Operated Vehicle.
- Maintain parts and supplies inventories associated with all electrical, electronic, mechanical, and hydraulic assemblies and subassemblies.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications (Requires Regional Variance)
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years offshore operations experience and completion of all competencies as dictated by Competency System.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and any other regionally mandated offshore work requirement documents as appropriate.
- Technical/Associates degree or higher.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department’s policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
Working Conditions (Requires Regional Variance)
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90% and noise is over 85 decibels.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile