Wema Bank offers a range of retail and SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, trade services and financial advisory to its ever-expanding clients. In 2009, the Bank underwent a strategic repositioning exercise which culminated in a decision to operate as a commercial Bank with regional authorisation in South-South Nigeria, South-West Nigeria, Lagos and Ab…
Read more about this company
Relationship Management Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 6 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Deposit mobilization
- New Customer acquisition
- Relationship management.
- Creation of quality risk assets
- Generation of commercial businesses e.g. Trade Finance and Off- Balance Sheet transactions.
- Grow revenue on a month on month basis
- Deploy the bank’s e-channels across different customer segments
- Onboarding of customers across the bank’s digital channels
- Contribute significantly to the branch’s profitability
- Ability to identify an acceptable level of lending risk, in line with the bank’s risk appetite statement and to maximize profit from that transaction.
- Comply with the Bank’s complaint resolution process to resolve the matter, maintain our high service standards and mitigate further risks / losses.
- Minimize risks through adherence to KYC compliance as per the bank policies and procedures in all your operations to minimize losses due to frauds.
- Discuss loan terms and conditions, and conduct collateral risk analysis to ensure compliance with the banks policies and procedures
- Ensure all documentation is valid and complete in assigned portfolio.
- Adhering to the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Extract and analyse financial statements, cash flow forecasts and other complex financial reports, providing accurate assessment
- Perform prequalification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Analyze financial statements of new customer and evaluate all loan documents.
- Contributes to the growth of deposits, loans and overdrafts to increase profitability of the branch.
- Draft and assist the Retail Cluster Head to complete deposit funding and credit proposal papers.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective customers
- Answering customer questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability
- Deliver and always maintain customer service standards, for improved service delivery.
- Log customers’ complaints through the customer query register identifying the root causes and addressing them at source to prevent recurrence.
- Provide appropriate products and services via the most suitable channel to ensure that customers’ needs are met.
- Offer a consistent yet differentiated customer experience by offering holistic needs analysis and consultation to key clients in portfolio management taking ownership of all categories of customer service matters.
- Consistent and frequent communication with client providing complete, concise portfolio valuations and guidance.
- Serves as a problem-solver for the client, helping them identify investment criteria, recognize and handle concerns that arise as consultation moves closer to decision.
- Complies with the use of appropriate processes and procedures expected of all members of staff who are constantly in contact with the customers.
- Advice customers on financial services
- Handles customer complaints and solve problems
- Engaging customers on banking products and services
- Approach and sign on new customers
- Collaborate with peers in the branch to ensure effective support and service delivery.
- Contribute to developing a positive and proactive Safety and Wellbeing culture including meeting all safety and wellbeing compliance requirements.
- Role model and live the Bank’s Values while adhering to all corporate HR policies
- Exhibit Good leadership skill
- Has a direct responsibility and accountability for the performance of all MA in the branch
- Education: Minimum of First Degree in Any Discipline. Additional qualification will be an added advantage
- Specialized knowledge: Minimum of 3-6years cognate experience
- Professional Certification: MBA/ CIBN
- Experience: Sales and Marketing
- Digitally Savvy
- Have good Industry knowledge vis a vis deposit and lending dynamics and application in customer acquisition and retention
- Must be able to work effectively in a team to achieve a common goal
- Possess good credit knowledge
- Superb interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills
- A commitment to excellent customer service
- Strategic thinking and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile