eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data wil…
Read more about this company
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja , Kano
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Purpose of the position
- The Associate, Quality Assurance Engineer will support the development and execution of product quality.
- S/he will also assist in the designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions.
- The Associate, Quality Assurance Engineer will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
- Also, perform administrative duties such as maintaining documentation, and project logs.
- Also, this will involve much customer support activities with different end users of the Product.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create comprehensive Test plans
- Review and analyze system specifications in collaboration with development team
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual and automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product features and performance according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Write comprehensive test reports
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Contribute toward the continuous improvement of project management methodology utilized within the Development team.
- Miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned to support the management team.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Quality Assurance and Software Development of education and experience in an Agile setting.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile Software Development Methodology
- Good understanding of RESTful API design, usage and best practices.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Good understanding of databases and SQL. Exposure to NoSQL Databases ideal.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Strong functional and regression tests and debugging skills as well as a good understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Skills in software performance testing
- Experience in creation and review of software and architecture designs.
- Fluent in English.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile