MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Read more about this company
Project Pharmacy Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 2 – 10 years
- Location Abuja , Borno
- Job Field Pharmaceutical
Scope of responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Defining, coordinating and monitoring all pharmacy related activities in the project area including management of staff, according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures and the Mission’s Pharmacist and Medical Coordinator’s guidelines, in order to ensure the proper management and supply of drugs and medical devices
- Participate actively in the definition and update of the annual planning and budgets of the pharmacy activities in the project and to work a long side the Mission Pharmacist in understanding the MSF Pharma working tools (Med order, File for order etc.)
- Support the Mission Pharmacist with follow up with local authorities (NAFDAC, PCN) on import permit, permit to clear and premise registration renewal.
- Supervising the functioning and organization of the project central pharmacy and other peripheral units, setting the protocols and procedures to be followed by all staff in order to ensure the quality of the service provided to the population, including pharmacovigilance in case of need.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents) in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and the accurate handling of the products and equipment in terms of hygiene and that all hygiene and security procedures are followed in project pharmacies (cleaning, controlling pests and rodents, etc.).
- Giving support in the ordering and supply process of medicines and medical devices. Monitoring correct stock management across pharmacies within project area, to guarantee a good control and up to date data of stock levels and avoid expiries, overstocks and stock outs. Reporting on drug consumptions and medical devices dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns.
- Ensuring, in cooperation with the project logistic manager, proper maintenance of cold chain and storage conditions (e.g. humidity, temperature, light exposure, cleanliness, pest and rodents’ control, etc.), and that classification and organization of medicines and medical material meet MSF protocols.
- Ensuring the collection of data for monitoring and surveillance of optimal quantity & quality of medicine use. Supporting activities at service level for effective drug distribution and control, quality prescription (analysing rational drug use), medicines reconciliation, antibiotic stewardship interventions such as restricted use antibiotic review, follow up of pharmaceutical care plans, patient counselling, good dispensing practices and safe medication practices.
- Supervising, coaching, motivating and evaluating all the pharmacy staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure the strict respect for working procedures and protocols. Ensuring that all pharmacy staff uses required clothes and equipment according to protocols, i.e. white coat, gloves, etc.
- To define, if needed, training opportunities for the medical staff. And to provide technical support to the Project Pharmacist on the request of the PMR.
- Carrying out all the reporting tasks associated to his/her field of action and responsibility, ensuring its consistency and accuracy, in order to support in the relevant decision-making and participating in monthly reports according to guidelines (Sitreps, medical statistical reports, etc.)
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Filling gaps of the project pharmacist at project level and the mission pharmacist manager at the coordination level
- Close collaboration with the supply team both at project level and coordination level
- Specific focus on the pre-expired , expired , sleeping stock and overstock items and proposal of Loan/donations at the project level and coordination with the collaboration of the PMR , Medco , mission pharmacist manager and the project pharmacist
- In collaboration with supply team and the pharmacist mission participate to the inventory of the central stock and the project stock if needed.
- Participate to the definition of pharmacy strategy regarding the annual chronogram .
- Essential degree in Pharmacy, PGD or master’s an added advantage
- Essential 2 year working experience in related position
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management and Development, Commitment to MSF Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV with cover letter and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile