NOWNOW aims to democratise the mobile wallet space in Nigeria and Sub-Saharan Africa. We provide a bank and MNO agnostic online platform to recharge any mobile, pay bills, utilities, send/receive money and pay@shop directly to merchants. The amount paid by consumers is returned in the form of cash back and coupons making the recharge almost free. We are PCI-…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 8 – 12 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- As a POS Architect / Manager, you will develop reusable common services & POS product specific components.
- You will collaborate with technical team members, technical architects, product managers, agile coaches & other engineers across the company on high impact capabilities & product features.
- You will design, build and own the POS capabilities development & product technical modules development.
- Lead design, build and support of our POS Integrations
- Contributes project artifacts including solution and mapping documents, data flows and landscape diagrams to architecture repositories, and ensures ongoing maintenance
- Guides developers and engineers on technical standards for connecting end points, data, and systems to our POS services
- Lead and participate in special projects as assigned, including the Next Gen Point of Sale platform.
- Design and develop software programs to meet customer and business requirements.
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development, testing and implementation activities to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement technology and process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of the Company’s investment in information technology.
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational and on-the-job training programs as recommended by IT management.
- Communicate well with stakeholders and vendors.
- 8 to 12 years of relevant software development work experience and 2 to 5 years as POS solution architect, building cloud-based application
- Bachelors Degree or a Masters degree
- Worked in Fintech / Payments / Banking / Financial Services domain
- Must possess an in depth understanding of Point of Sale (POS) concepts, Cards and Micro Services API first architecture.
- Very strong & deep understanding in Software Design Patterns, OOPS Concepts, SDLC, Code Management & Branching Concepts
- Experience in writing very robust, secure, reusable & scalable code
- Experience in maven, eclipse, unit test cases & associated libraries, logging, debugging
- Experience in designing, building, testing, deploying, supporting technical components and services using the Core Java, Advanced Java, Springs, Spring Boot, Hibernate, PL/SQL technologies
- Experience using web servers & application servers like Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, Web-logic
- Experience using databases like Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience in Android Development on Kotlin is optional
- Experience in using Git, Bit-Bucket for source code management
- Experience in building platform capabilities & applications using REST API’s, microservices / event-driven/serverless architectures
- Experience in using AWS Cloud platform services like EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Event Bridge, Redshift etc.
- Experience using Agile Scrum, Jira, Confluence, User Stories, Story Point Estimates, Tasks Breakdown, Agile Ceremonies
- Experience of building application code using DevOps, CI, CD, Jenkins & other such tools and technologies
- Exposure to high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance is an added advantage.
- Should be able to work in small teams on aggressive timelines and ensure quality deliverable
- Should be able to analyze and troubleshoot issues in production
- Experience in refactoring existing code base and in understanding existing implementations to decide to refactor or rewrite.
- Ability to comprehend, assess and design complex systems by working independently and as team
- A “Can do” Mindset
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile