The Solidarity Center stands with workers as they defend their right to freedom of association, supporting them as they organize, advocate and build worker voice. Our 221 professional staff work in about 60 countries with 400-plus labor unions, pro-worker nongovernmental organizations, legal-aid groups, human rights defenders, women’s associations, adv…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Log Admin Manager (M/F)
- Deputy Field Coordinator (M/F)
- Method of Application
Log Admin Manager (M/F)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Zamfara
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- Under the line management of the Field Coordinator for North West, and the technical management of the finance coordinator, the Logistics Coordinator and HR Coordinator the roles will be to carry out administrative, accounting, financial, HR and logistics management of SI in the NW, in compliance with donor and Solidarites International procedures.as below:
- Define the needs of administrative and logistics personnel at his/her base, and recruit according to the resources allocated
- Train, support and evaluate the administrative and logistic team at his/her assignment base
- Plan and direct the activities of the administrative and logistics team
- Lead meetings for the administrative and logistics teams
- Conduct performance reviews for members of the administrative and logistics teams
- Organize logistics and administrative support for the programs.
- Support, manage and train the members of his logistics and administrative team.
- Assist the Field Coordinator in the implementation of the security procedures.
HUMAN RESOURCES AND TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Prepare of monthly payroll and salary advance and shares to finance for payment.
- Update and share the monthly HR reports
- Monitoring of contract end dates for staff and ensure all contracts are up to date.
- Human resource policies and procedures are maintained, implemented and communicated in line with country legislation and SI human resource policies.
- Ensure that all the EAP are done on good time and file them accordingly.
- Manage entire employee lifecycle by implementing and maintaining systems related to recruitment, on boarding, case management, staff communication, staff exit management
- Update allocation boards for his/her base
- Update and analyze budget follow up in conjunction with logistic and program teams
- Make connections between budgetary consumption and activity progress; Propose solutions if necessary
- Monitor functioning costs at his/her assignment base
- Oversee adherence to donor administrative procedures
- Support the administrative coordinator in formulating financial reports and carrying out audits
- Preparing monthly accounting and financial closure
- Ensuring SI’s SOPs are respected and compliance is ensured before processing payments.
- Record keeping as per updated SAGA.
- Supporting Financial Coordinator for audits, conducted by government and donors
- Assist in formulating budgets for new projects
SPECIFIC STAKES AND CHALLENGES
- Empower the inter-department communication (with program, finance, logistics….) at the base level to generate/increase global understanding of the mission and of challenges in the different departments.
- The remote management affects the management capacity and capacity building, limited presence in the field
PRIORITIES FOR THE 2/3 FIRST MONTHS
- Harmonize the approach of the supply strategy
- Purchase schedule matching the activities timeframe from the program
- Market assessment quarterly basis to strengthen the price monitoring and update regularly the BoQs
- Framework agreement to mitigate any procurement delay
- Define with the bases/coordination the relevant means for the logistics department (RACI matrix, JD updated….) to suit the new situation of the mission (financial situation, access challenges…)
- Ensure precise monitoring and forecasting of the bases expenses to increase the accuracy of our budgeting (BFU, LFU, BoQs…)
- Conduct regular meetings with the program team at the base level and discuss any appropriate issues with the Coordination
- Education background in management, logistics, HR, finance
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant logistics HR and Finance and management experience in emergency and/or development context
- Experience in the management of budgets and the ability to prepare timely, complete, and accurate reports
- Demonstrable knowledge of rules, regulations, and donor policies governing the compliance/regulatory management of procurement rules from US, EU, UN, and other agencies
- Proven ability to develop, implement and support adequate systems, including planning, managing, Supply, budget, HR management
- Previous experience with SI is an asset
- Previous experience in remote management is an asset
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Good command of logistics procedures
- Problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to assess challenges and recommend solutions
- Strong management, training/capacity-building skills
- Computer literacy with very good command of MS Office Suite and especially high proficiency in Excel to handle and develops auditing tools with the coordination
SOFT SKILLS AND SPIRIT
- Autonomy and flexibility
- Stress management skills: the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, with peaks of heavy workloads
- Team player, capacity to give a positive dynamic to a young team whilst being fully part of the base’s management team
- Fully fluent English: speaking, reading, and writing skills
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethics
go to method of application »
Deputy Field Coordinator (M/F)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Project Management
- Under the management of the Field Coordinator for Northeast, and the supervision of Deputy Country Director for Programs
- He/she in charge of project planning, coordination and monitoring of SI program in Borno in line with SI country strategy, annual plan of action, SI technical guidelines and donors’ guidelines.
- He/she manages WASH and Shelter and MEAL managers and ensures the good management of all Borno program staff.
- He/ She supervises the PMs to ensure the good management of program budget, budget follow-up, spending plan and forecasting in line with details activities planning, Log frame.
- He/she facilitates the coordination (along with the PM concerned) with the logistics department at base and coordination to ensure project supply plan is done in anticipation of program detailed activities plan, projects log frame and budget.
- He/she deputies the Field Coordinator in the implementation of SI program in Borno State and act as field coordinator in his/her absence.
- Contributes to identifying the needs of program personnel for SI program in Borno
- Trains, supports and evaluates the program managers
- Supports the planning of the program activities with the PMs
- Leads program meetings and actively participates to base coordination meeting, provides program inputs, addresses challenges, and seeks support from Field coordinator and coordination when needed
- Aware on remote management challenges and capacity to develop tools to support that management.
- University degree in related sector
- Previous experience:
- Experience in supporting emergency responses in a tense security context and remote setting.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in program management in humanitarian contexts.
- Previous successful experience developing projects and writing proposals to humanitarian donors.
- Knowledge of main donor regulations and priorities
- Experiencen Nigeria or Sahelian belt is an asset.
- Results and detail-oriented
- Good analysis of context
- Stress management
- program management
- Good communication
- Honest rigor
- The knowledge of the Northeastern Nigeria is an asset for this position
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile