Africa Law Practice (ALP) was established, following a merger of Nigeria-based law practices, as a full-service law firm headquartered in Lagos, with an office in Abuja, Nigeria. ALP is the result of a carefully cultivated 25year vision, that delivers the very best of African legal and advisory services. By the end of 2019, it became necessary to make additi…
Read more about this company
Senior Legal Associate
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Law / Legal
- Salary Range ₦150,000 – ₦200,000/month
Avocado Law Partners is a start-up Law Firm loacated in Ajah seeking to engage the services of a Senior Associate with expertise in Litigation and Corporate Law Practice area of Law for immediate employment.
- Meet with clients and cultivate a strong client/counsel relationship.
- Prepare processes at both trial courts and appellate courts.
- Handle trials at all courts and argue briefs at appellate courts
- Proffer legal opinions and draft agreements with minimal supervision, draft and review documentation.
- Maintain active membership of Bar associations, and ability to deal with regulators, and public authorities.
- Thorough knowledge and practical experience of procedural law and substantive law.
- Provide mentorship and supervisory responsibilities to junior associates and work as a team with other senior associates.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as delegated or assigned by the Managing Partner/Partners.
- Prepare a comprehensive brief on each case.
- Maintain a regular schedule of hearings and court appearances.
- Schedule and administer full depositions of witnesses and experts
- Review discovery of documents and determine the best course of action in each case.
- Familiar with enforcement procedures and can take steps to enforce judgments.
- The Candidate should possess a minimum of second-class lower division at BL / LLB.
- Minimum of 7+ years post-call experience acquired in a reputable litigation firm.
- A level of interpersonal skills sufficient to maintain effective working relationships, with colleagues and clients.
- Leadership skills.
- Highly focused and committed to law practice.
- Concise and precise drafting skills.
- Good eye for detail and effective time management.
- The ability to remain confident and assured in difficult circumstances, and stamina to sustain performance, particularly when under pressure.
- The ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, technological, and developments in law and to impart such knowledge as necessary.
- Ambitious enough to attract partnership within 3 years of work
- Must live on the Island Ajah/Sangotedo or surrounding areas
- Preferably a Male candidate.
Remuneration: NGN 200,000 (Can be increased depending on the years of experience)
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile