Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Read more about this company
Senior DevOps Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Project Overview and Role
- Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the HIV and COVID-19 response.
- Data.FI partners with programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance.
- By improving global, regional, national, and community/local in-depth analyses of HIV and COVID-19 epidemiologic and programmatic data, Data.FI expedites program achievements to improve client services and attain and sustain control of the epidemics.
- Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS), informing management responses to gaps in programming and sustaining impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position
- Palladium is seeking to employ a Senior DevOps Manager who will provide leadership support to the Data.Fi Nigeria software development team. S/he will be responsible for directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications with guidance from the Deputy Director and the DIAS regional team.
- The Senior DevOps Manager would be responsible for the implementation of DevOps strategies and methods throughout the development and deployment process for technical solutions.
- He/She will oversee task management, standardization, skills improvement, technical meetings, and documented sprint demos in addition to validating team performance metrics while ensuring effective communication between team members and other project functional areas.
- S/he will work with the Informatics advisory in supporting the Health Informatics Community of Practice (CoP) technical working groups and ensure code collaborations and cooperation between the CoP technical teams. S/he will further rally the software development team towards the product vision and technical strategy.
- The Senior DevOps Manager will report to the Deputy Country Director. This is a full-time position with a contract for 1 year, renewable subject to availability of funding.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the implantation, deployment, and integration of solutions, ensuring successful delivery, high
- quality, and sustainability of solutions
- Manage DevOps, assigning and monitoring workflow and ensuring quality and efficiency is maintained
- Lead the software development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of country-level digital tools
- Take a leadership role in the development and implementation of technical strategies and solution architectures and design of the project’s suite of technologies
- Work closely with stakeholders including the product managers to understand business requirements and help translate these into technical requirements for the development team
- Lead the planning and documentation of technical specifications of system design and features
- Ensure that all technical and user requirements, requested enhancements, and reported bugs are accurately captured, validated, and prioritized into the portfolio backlog, product backlogs and comprehensively logged as Epics, Features, Stories, and Tasks on Jira.
- Co-facilitate review sprints with product owners and other stakeholders to secure approval and acceptance from the product owners, and Retrospect sprints to capture lessons learned and actionable improvements applicable to future sprints
- Mentoring team members and ensuring they adhere to determined software quality standards
- Lead implementation of Palladium’s standardized software development approach, including accompanying tools and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Plan for and prioritize resource needs for systems development
- Lead and participate in the writing of testable, scalable, and efficient code and leading code reviews
- Spearhead adoption and compliance to global best practices including the principles of digital development, applicable coding conventions, open standards, and security standards.
- Work with the Health Informatics lead and DIAS Regional Team in specific application release planning and development of deployment schedules.
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8 years of experience in the development and implementation of digital tools specifically relating to technology and data solutions in a data-driven environment.
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands-on experience in the development and implementation of Information Systems that support health and social protection programs
- Minimum 3 years experience leading medium to large software development teams overseeing end-to-end design, development, and deployment of software solutions, including hiring, performance management, leadership
- Solid knowledge of responsive web design using Bootstrap and related technologies.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, and performance analysis.
- Experience deploying large-scale solutions using containers and other cloud technologies.
- Solid Java capabilities and techniques.
- Solid knowledge of Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring JPA & Hibernate.
- Good experience with Git or similar version control systems.
- Advanced knowledge of relational data modeling concepts and experience in PostgreSQL and MySQL
- 5+ years of work experience in the DevOps area supporting SDLC at scale.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, patching, releases, and software development at scale, Continuous Integration, and Delivery approaches.
- Strong knowledge of cloud providers, e.g Azure and AWS
- Experience using digital tools to manage projects, such as Microsoft Teams, Planner, and Jira.
- Experience working with technology teams to ensure design and solution architecture outputs meet the business requirements.
- Experience with Global Goods for digital health, such as DHIS, OpenMRS, and OpenHIE, could be preferable but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile