The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE works with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to …
Read more about this company
Financial Management Consultant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- We seek to contract a Financial Management Expert to support a Nigerian business association with its financial management that includes the services below.
- The association is a non-profit organization, focused on Women Economic Empowerment through building leadership skills, access to credit, as well as creating a gender friendly environment for women amongst others.
- The consultant will work with the leadership of the association to set up a financial management system that will help the association to implement best practices, including donor requirements.
- The position will conduct financial management trainings/capacity building for the association in the areas of planning and budgeting, basic accounting systems, financial reporting, resource mobilization and grant management.
- The financial management expert shall provide a wide range of financial management and capacity building services: Develop an effective financial management system for the association that will include a payment authorization policy and processes, which should be at par with industry standards.
- Develop an accounting and bookkeeping system such as computerized accounting system.
- Develop operational policies and procedures manual for the association.
- Provide support to the association in budget planning and management.
- Provide guidance and support in the preparations of all financial documents related to the projects.
- Evaluating all financial and transaction data for accuracy and implementing corrective actions.
- Support in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative and financial reports.
- Conducting capacity building trainings for leaders and members of the association in all of the above for sustainable and self-sufficient financial management after the consultancy ends.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 5 years or more of work experience in financial management, accounting, and/or audit.
- Familiarity with financial management in Non-profit organizations (NPOS), and a first-hand knowledge of assessment and capacity building approaches and techniques
- ACCA or ACA qualification is an advantage.
- Strong analytical capabilities and planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Experience in evaluating/interpreting financial statements and in determining appropriate remedial actions.
- Experience in facilitating capacity building activities to groups and associations with proven training and mentoring skills. Knowledge of budgeting, financial systems, including planning and implementation.
- History of implementing change in financial structures including development and implementation of best-practices processes.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in accounting packages such as QuickBooks and Microsoft Office package (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified Firms or candidates should send their Application Documents below to: email@example.com using “Financial Management Services For NPO” as the subject of the email.
- A proposal (4pages max.), outlining technical approach to the assignment including methodology and key activities, benchmarks, and timelines.
- Budget estimate in NGN
- Two sample-products similar to the proposed deliverables.
- CIPE will not provide any reimbursement for the cost of developing, producing, or presenting materials in response to this RFP.
- If you need to make more inquires on this position, please call this number: +23412951659.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile