uLesson is the first of its kind in Africa. An organisation that leverages best in class teachers, media, and technology solutions to create high-quality, affordable and accessible education for African students. We have built a platform that helps African students be the very best they can be – an app that allows them to maximize their academic achievement and prepare for a future in various disciplines and subjects. Our team of passionate and talented people have together built a learning experience unprecedented in richness, scope, interactivity and effectiveness.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Responsible for developing system architecture, and overseeing the implementation of the technical roadmap, including feature deployment, and ensuring the stability of the business’s core platforms.
- Responsible for developing system architecture, and overseeing the implementation of the technical roadmap, including feature deployment and ensuring the stability of the business’s core platforms.
- Work closely with the product development team to identify and align on prioritized initiatives and ensure timely delivery of the same.
- Ensure excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, algorithms, and data warehousing.
- Provide technical guidance and direction, as well as hands-on resource and project management, for all software development activities implemented by the Android, iOS, Web, DevOps & QA teams.
- Drive Key Performance Indicators across all areas of the Engineering function to ensure that all projects are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards.
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables
- Evaluate the technical challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks and develop opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics
- Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Engineering Manager
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
N1,100,000 to N1,600,000 Monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated copy of their CV and Cover Letter stating why they are a good fit to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Application for the position of “Engineering Manager” as the subject of the mail.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile