We recruit high-potential individuals, convert them to world-class software engineers and place them with global companies looking to scale their dev capacity. Since 2018, we have screened 73,000 applicants and accepted only 0.5% of them who prove to be smart, self-driven and excited about improving the world with technology.
Read more about this company
Engineering Manager (Remote)
- Job Type Full Time , Remote
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
About the Job
- We are looking to hire an Engineering Manager who is passionate about building great products and has experience managing a team.
- Mission: You will be responsible for designing and delivering solutions to improve the placement business, improving the quality of our vetting process and managing our placement process by building a solid pipeline of high-quality developers.
- Oversee the engineering team, design products, and provide technical oversight for the organization.
- Mentor and train others in the tools, work techniques, and skills required to accomplish work assignments.
- Train engineering functions to improve process skills related to Quoting and Program Engineering activities to acquire and onboard new customers and programs.
- Provide coaching to recruiters and interview candidates for our placement business.
- Define, develop and implement a New Products Introduction system that assures success during program launch.
- Create new processes and procedures or update current ones to address and provide a foundation for continuous improvement.
- Review and analyze customer needs and verify compliance with the proposed technical solution.
- Have direct contact with the Customer, handling action items and preparing status reports, as required.
Preferred Years of Experience:
- At least 10 years of technical experience with multiple programming languages like Java, Node, C#.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading engineering teams.
The candidate should have good knowledge of the following:
- Operating systems.
- Cloud services like AWS and GCP.
- Data structures and algorithms.
- Database design.
- Linux system administration.
- Software architecture.
- Design patterns.
- Requirement engineering.
- Automated testing.
- Code review.
- Experience with Java & Java Script is compulsory.
- Ability to take ownership of design processes.
- Attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong team leadership and management skills.
Benefits of Working at Decagon
- Decagon offers an energized, upbeat environment that strongly fosters employee work-life balance.
- A work culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
- Great/flexible work culture – as long as you get the work done.
- Amazing personal growth experience – at one of the fastest-growing start-ups in Nigeria.
- Pension and health plan.
- Working with a motivated and talented team.
- More importantly, an opportunity to transform the Software Engineering ecosystem in Nigeria and beyond.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile