At Pfizer, we apply science and our global resources to bring therapies to people that extend and significantly improve their lives. We strive to set the standard for quality, safety and value in the discovery, development and manufacture of health care products. Our global portfolio includes medicines and vaccines as well as many of the world’s best-known c…
Read more about this company
Director, Policy & Public Affairs, Accord for a Healthier World
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job Requisition ID: 4872637
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
Job type: Full time
- This Policy & Public Affairs Director role presents an exciting opportunity to take part in the game changing initiaitive Accord for a Healthier World, supporting patient access to Pfizer’s current and future innovative medicines in 45 countries across the globe.
- This position provides an opportunity to gain broad geographical policy experience working closely with the broader Corporate Affairs and cross functional teams to support and influence government engagements to secure agreements and policy reform across key policy areas to facilitate accelerated patient access.
- Overall the position will provide strategic direction to ensure the successful implementation of the Policy & Public Affairs Accord strategy across the Accord countries.
- Proactively monitors and assesses global and local trends, policies and identifies key opportunities and threats for the Accord.
- Prepares informational materials for management, highlighting opportunities and potential threats and develops responsive strategies where such developments could impact the Accord.
External Relations & Stakeholder Engagement:
- Close collaboration and facilitation between the PPA Leads and Accord Country Engagement team in preparation for government engagements, bringing countries into the Accord and supporting agreement negotiations.
- Leverage relationships with policy makers, think tanks, local embassies, US Chambers, Business Councils and other organizations to advance the Accord.
- Works with the wider CA team to leverage key external platforms e.g., UNGA and global events to bring attention to the Accord and drive policy reforms to support the implementation of the Accord.
- Develop briefing materials for meetings including goals and metrics. Ensure meeting follow-up and planning including documentation as needed.
- Works with EM PPA Leads to prepare for EM/Global LT for Accord related external enagagements.
- Works in partnership with the wider Corporate Affairs and cross functional teams to effectively engage with policy makers globally, regionally (e.g., Africa Union, Africa CDC and AMA) and local government to integrate their perspective into our policy strategy and to provide industry thought leadership to support policy shaping to facilitate patient access to Pfizer’s current and future innovative medicines.
Therapeutic Area Policy:
- Works in partnership with the EM Therapeutic Policy teams, Global Patient Advocacy team, local PPA Leads and Accord Team to developinnovative policy strategies that proactively shape the environment and support patient access to Pfizer’s innovative medicines through the Accord program.
- Serves as a key thought partner to the Global EM Policy & Public Affairs Lead, EM Access/Accord Lead, Country Managers and Commercial Leads in assessing the impact of the external global policy environment on Accord strategy.
- Maintain strict compliance with all applicable policies and laws, especially those related to interactions with government officials.
- Ensures Cluster Leads and Country managers are consulted and informed on the Accord deliverable in their respected Markets.
- Internal: local, regional and global PPA and CA teams, Broader Accord cross functional team (Legal, Commercial, Medical, Regulatory) and GCAP team
- External: Policy makers, think-tanks, consultants and key influencers.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced Degree in health/public policy, international affairs, political science, and/or law preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in public policy, strategy or consulting related to policy, government relations, and/or corporate affairs.
- Deep knowledge of healthcare policy and pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement issues.
- Excellent knowledge of the local healthcare system and its major players and decision-makers.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute effective, innovative and practical policy/public affairs and policy solutions and comprehensive plans that deliver results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy appropriate “public affairs and policy” tools (advocacy, lobbying, stakeholder engagement plans).
- Strong understanding of business strategy and key drivers of commercial success
- Highly skilled at anticipating, identifying, and addressing emerging issuesand related risks that could impact Pfizer’s business
- Strong ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders. Skilled at advocacy influence within internal/external matrix organizations. Skilled at navigating complex environments through range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence and interpersonal acumen, highly substantive and collaborative. Demonstrated ability to succinctly convey relevant information at the right time and with the proper context and seek input as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent command of English and French language.
- Financial Accountability – responsible for managing Accord Policy budgets.
- Supervision – No direct reports, matrix management required.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile