We aspire to be the leading and preferred hotel in Nigeria. * We are committed to exceeding guests’ expectations * We are dedicated to providing Impeccable facilities and personalized services.
Read more about this company
Bartender / Mixologist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , OND , Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 2 – 4 years
- Location Lagos
- City Ikeja
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
- Salary Range ₦50,000 – ₦100,000/month
- We are looking for a professional, high-energy bartender with excellent communication skills to serve classical cocktails and exciting new beverages to our customers.
- The bartender will greet customers, learn about their preferences, answer questions, recommend menu items, and prepare and serve beverages and food.
- You will also upsell items, create recipes, utilize proper equipment and ingredients, and handle basic cleaning duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interact with customers, take orders for drinks and snacks.
- Plan and present bar menu.
- Serve snacks and drinks to the customer.
- Check identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Mix drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages.
- Service Wine and Beer to guests.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Ability to Sell or influence others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide recommendations and suggestions to guest for choosing Drinks and Snacks.
- Serve customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Keep the bar counter and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and Regional information.
- Determine when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite way.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of food and beverage products, menus and Promotions
- Handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles, using hands and arms.
- Clean up after customers and clean work area.
- Clear ashtrays as and when required.
- Wash glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc. if required.
- Perform physical activities such as lifting and stooping.
- Maintain liquor inventory and consumption.
- Collect payment for drinks served and balance all receipts.
- Handle an assigned house bank and follow all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
- Prepare inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies.
- Ensure that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Perform other duties as and when assigned by the hotel management.
- High School Diploma / OND / HND/ B.Sc qualification
- 2- 4 years experience as a bartender / mixologist
- Salary is negotiable
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if there need be
- Positive, engaging personality, and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
N45,000 – N60,000 Monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV as PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Bartender / Mixologist” as the subject of the mail.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile