we’re passionate about off-grid energy.
Salpha Energy is a for profit social business and manufactures honest, reliable solar products designed to help people living off the electric grid.
Read more about this company
Solar Technical Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- This candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating all engineering and technical (IT) activities, to ensure we have the right products and they are all in good working condition, to train the field and office staff on new products and best practise and to run pilots on new products and accessories.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Product Design and Development:
- Develop and run market tests on new products (including components and accessories) that can meet the customers’ energy needs and functional requirements.
- Develop/Review design specifications & functional requirements, test run products and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes;
- Perform usage and life time stress tests, or cost reduction analysis;
- Recommend technical design or process changes to improve efficiency, quality, or performance.
- Small scale (<3kW) Power System installation and Maintenance
- Develop standard procedures and quality or safety standards for installation and repairs
- Provide technical direction or support to installation and repair teams during installation, testing, system commissioning, repairs or performance monitoring
- Develop and implement a train-the-trainer program for technical installations and repairs
- Develop a technical problem resolution and escalation process
- Provide support to the Customer Care Agents in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Solar Engineering or a related Degree.
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
- Practical Experience repairing Electronic Equipment (Solar Systems, TV, etc)
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or
- maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
- Ability to provide consultation, guidance and expert advice to management and other groups on technical, systems or process-related issues/topics.
- Ability to analyze and process data/information — Compiling, calculating or verifying, etc.
- Capacity to train others
- Ability and willingness to travel for field visits is critical and to work on-call during off shift hours
- Think Creatively and be Proactive
- Proximity to Alaba will be considered.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.