Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a Nigerian Non Governmental Organization (NGO). WEWE’s goal is to empower communities to access health care, safe water, good nutrition, micro credits for income generating activities and education. WEWE is governed by a board of trustees.
Read more about this company
Internal Audit Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- The Internal Audit Manager will work to contribute to improving WEWE control processes, risk management, and governance.
- Maintain an integrated internal Audit system with up-to-date data from central and state offices for consolidation of information and reporting.
- Review and ensure implementation of appropriate systems and controls that provide, complete documentation and accurate reporting.
- Carry out pre and post-review of all financial expenditures.
- The Internal Auditor will review CBO’s monthly certified expenditure reports.
- Carry out internal control self-assessment on CBOs.
- Perform monthly review and evaluation of financial records/reports and bank reconciliation statements.
- Ensure WEWE and donor’s assets are safeguarded.
- Ensure that inventory record is up-to-date, complete, and accurate
- Assist the organization in carrying out risk identification and timely reporting to the appropriate authority with improvement recommendations.
- Timely investigate all cases of fraudulent practices and missing assets.
- Prepare and present reports that reflect the audit’s results and document the process
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards
- Periodically carry out Fraud Awareness and Preventing training for staff
Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in Accounting or its recognized equivalent.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant e.g. a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or ACCA Certification.
- At least 8 years post NYSC experience and 5 years of professional qualification experience in an audit firm with at least two years of NGO experience auditing NGOs working on International donor-funded projects.
- Working knowledge of USG rules and regulation
- Hands-on experience working with the eight statutory bodies – NSITF, FIRS, State IRS (specially FCT State IRS), NHF, PENCOM, CAC, EFCC-SCUML, and Financial Reporting Council (FRC)
- Must be very strong in report writing – i.e., evidence that they have led audit assignments and have been the ones writing the final audit report for their audit firm.
- Must have experience writing quarterly audit reports to the board
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Excellent experience with financial systems and software i.e., quick books.
Method of Application
- Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining their suitability for the job through the application link.
- Applications will be on a rolling/reviewed on a first-come-first-served basis. WEWE reserves the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected. While WEWE thanks all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which promotes diversity and does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability”.
Interested and qualified? Go to Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) on weweng.org to apply
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.