Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition.
We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countr…
Read more about this company
Finance and Admin Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The USAID Advancing Nutrition implements and provides technical support to nutrition interventions across sectors and disciplines for USAID and its partners.
- The project’s multi-sectoral approach draws together global nutrition experience to design, implement and evaluate programs that address the root causes of malnutrition. Committed to using a systems approach, USAID Advancing Nutrition strives to sustain positive outcomes by building local capacity, supporting behavior change and strengthening the enabling environment to save lives, improve health, build resilience, increase economic productivity and advance development.
- The overall purpose of the project in Nigeria is to provide technical support to the Government of Nigeria, and other nutrition stakeholders and generate evidence to enhance nutrition programming toward achieving the overall goal of improving nutrition for a healthy, productive, and resilient Nigeria.
Scope of the Position
- The Finance and Admin Officer (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information and also work on designing and implementing financial reports.
- The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems.
- He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, develops and implements Helen Keller financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments
- Track cash flow and compile retirement receipts and review
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis using ERP system
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to the Finance Coordinator and Head of Finance and Operations for review
- Manages petty cash reconciliation
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Assist with month end reporting package
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports as delegated
- Assist with month end reporting package
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in collaboration with Logistics Officer(s) and Associate(s).
- Support other field office finance and Admin staff as necessary
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process supplier invoices
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- Submit staff time sheets for payroll processing
Education & Experience
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field and possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA is preferred. Professional experience supporting USAID-funded projects and managing state finance & Admin function is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Experience with USAID funded project is preferred but other donor funded project will considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field and experience working in a non-profit organization will be an advantage.
- Commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally
- Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good standard of IT including experience of using MS Office
- Ability to manage teams, initiate and organize work
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
Terms & Conditions
- This is a local posting in Nigeria, and as such, is subject to local terms and conditions.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.