Ubongo is a Tanzanian social enterprise that creates interactive edutainment for learners in Africa, delivered to them via the technologies they already have. We entertain kids to learn and love learning! We produce Ubongo Kids, an interactive edu-cartooon that teaches math through fun animated stories and catchy original songs, and broadcasts on TV across …
Read more about this company
Education Research Consultant (Learning through Play)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Kano
- Job Field Education / Teaching
REPORTS TO: Research and Outreach Supervisor
8 months (September 2022-May 2023) – position pending funding
We are looking for an Education Consultant. Working at Ubongo won’t be easy, but it will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
We’re looking for a dynamic, creative and flexible Education consultant to ensure that we maintain the educational aspects of our content by conducting effective research and co-creation with our pan-African audience. You’ll work closely with our Head of Education, Disability and Inclusion Specialist and Education and Research Supervisor, to incorporate learning through play in our co-creation and research processes, and our content.
- Research and user test Ubongo’s content
- Support incorporation of Learning through Play (LtP) in our continuous and creative user testing processes for all content and products.
- Identify and reach out to partners for research and user testing
- Conduct inclusive and playful user tests and co-creation sessions with kids or other stakeholders.
- Contribute to development of materials for user-testing
- User testing our content at all stages of pre production, production and post-production
- Incorporate best practices in Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and LtP
- Research, document and share best practices in engaging learners with special educational needs and disabilities, especially neurodivergent learners with Autism and/or ADHD through co-creation and edutainment content
- Conduct outreach activities to identify groups of kids and adults with Autism to take part in the development of Ubongo’s new show
- Advise the team on innovative ways to co-create content with neurodivergent kids
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED:
- A degree or qualification in Education, Early Childhood Development, Special Needs Education or a similar field.
- Experience teaching pre-school and primary school children
- Significant experience working with and/or teaching children with SEND
- High degree of familiarity with learning through play
- Ability to learn new software and research techniques as needed
- Strong analytical and written and verbal communication skills – the role will involve synthesising information and presenting it to a variety of audiences
- Be willing to travel independently, sometimes remotely, as needed
- Ability to work remotely (experience with Asana, Slack and Google Drive is a bonus)
- Fluent in English and Hausa, both written and spoken
- Have experience performing surveys, focus groups or user testing
- Experience creating engaging learning resources for kids
- Knowledge of other local languages
- Experience teaching or working with Autistic kids and/or kids with ADHD
- Those with lived experience of neurodivergence are especially encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.