Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. Every industry is being impacted by modern technology. As companies everywhere adapt and transform their businesses, they’re looking to hire people with the tech skills to match their goals. We work with the world’s technology leaders to teach these critical t…
Read more about this company
Career Coach (External Contractor) – Cloud Developer / DevOps – Africa
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field ICT / Computer
- In our mission towards powering careers through tech education, we are doubling down on the support that we offer to our students. As a part of this, we want to extend an opportunity to you to become a Mentor in our scholarship programs. Career mentors are industry professionals who provide world-class career support to our students in their Nanodegree journey or beyond.
- All our mentors are handpicked through a rigorous selection process so that we can truly be #studentfirst.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings with Udacity careers ops for discussing students’ progress.
- Conduct webinars and/or sessions to deliver careers and initial freelancing experience to Udacity learners.
- Support Udacity learners and build a strong sense of community through motivational posts, sharing your knowledge, sharing helpful articles, and answering students’ questions.
- Support in increasing the program’s survey responses.
- Occasionally assisting with hiring partners’ employment requests (announcements, filtration, and screening).
Required Skills / Qualifications
- +2 years of experience in teaching the basics of career development concepts and public speaking.
- Residing in Africa.
- Technical experience in Cloud Domain is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of recruitment and headhunting skills.
- English proficiency both written and spoken.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to lead and coach a group of students and build a strong community.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian market’s general careers and employment map and characteristics.
- Ability to assist Udacity students in identifying personal goals, developing leadership skills, and planning career moves.
- Experience in quick resume and LinkedIn profiles screening
- Completion of one of Udacity Nanodegree programs is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication including PowerPoint presentations.
Why Should You Apply?
- Gain recognition for your knowledge and leadership.
- Network with other top-notch mentors.
- Earn additional income.
- Contribute to a vibrant, global student community.
- Stay updated on the latest in cutting-edge technologies.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.