Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children.
The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil W…
Read more about this company
Admin and Logistic Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Logistics
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Kimberly Clark Kotex Menstrual Hygiene project in Bauchi state in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Admin Coordinator and expected to work very closely with other members of the Country office and field offices.
Dimensions of the Role
- Communicates within Plan International Nigeria and externally with vendors, service providers, consultants etc.
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics management in the Country office and give support to the field office where necessary.
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office
- Support the planning and organization of meetings and workshops
- Maintain vehicle and Generator maintenance log
- Ensure that vehicles and generators are in good conditions and liaise with the Admin Coordinator about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the county office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Coordinate logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Admin Manager
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.