Market Development Specialist – Business
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Job Level: Experienced
- Based in Lagos, Nigeria, this role is designed to capitalise on opportunities for Epson in the developing markets and emerging territories of Nigeria and Ghana.
- The Market Development Specialist – Business, will understand the customer/partner requirements, align and put them in scope with Epson’s Business product portfolio (office printers & projectors) to provide demonstration, training and support and identify new market and business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a market development strategy, including a detailed market analysis (TAM, SAM, SOM) and a mid-term business plan
- Define a clear value proposition and product positioning for specific segments/regions/channel partners and create the whole Go-to-Market strategy for new product launches
- Develop direct contact with key targeted corporate and government end-users and identify opportunities for business development across Nigeria and Ghana
- Coordinate closely with the Product Management teams to develop innovative and impactful collateral
- materials and communicate the value proposition to specific segments/regions
- Follow market trends, visit relevant industry events, and maintain relationships with key industry partners and customers
- Recruit value adding partners onto our Partner Programme within specified criteria and motivate them to build profitable business based on Epson products
- Implement and active programme of demonstration/training for key distributors and resellers.
- Take an active role at demo exhibitions and events to maximise customer engagement for the designated product group
- Co-ordinate the feedback of information and market intelligence to sales and Business Management to support the development of balanced pipeline of opportunities for the business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The Market Development Specialist should have specialist knowledge and experience of IT industry channels and associated products and solutions
- Proven success in engaging with senior stakeholders within end user corporate and government organisations and networking across customer departments
- Must have the ability to identify opportunities and the analytical skills to interpret and translate this data/information into a comprehensive market approach
- Must have strong communication skills to convince stakeholders both internally and externally and be the focal point to get the consensus on how to approach this market
- Must understand channels and other partnering to define the most effective route to market for new products
- Ideally educated to degree level in technical specialism
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Innovative, with a logical approach to problem solving with a solution orientation.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and a wide range of excellent benefits, including a working environment where quality, teamwork, and respect come first.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.