On the 13th of December, 2003, the world saw the birth of the great change agent – The Harvesters dream; a divine vision, given to Pastor Bolaji Idowu, started off with just a handful of people.
Over the years, proving that with faith, determination, focus and the right team, anything is possible, what started with just a roomful of people has grown to be the most desirable place of worship in Lagos, with worship centres on the mainland and island, drawing in thousands of people at 5 amazing services
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
About the job
- We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
- You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
- This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
Requirements and skills
- B.Sc / B.A in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP).
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.