We aspire to be the leading and preferred hotel in Nigeria. * We are committed to exceeding guests’ expectations * We are dedicated to providing Impeccable facilities and personalized services.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
- Salary Range ₦50,000 – ₦100,000/month
- We are searching for an accomplished and experienced Grill Master who will be responsible for preparing smoked meats, barbecue, fish, sharwama, seasonings and sauces per guidelines to ensure quality and freshness of all products in accordance with customers’ preferences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take grilled food orders from waitrons
- Season and prepare food items for grilling
- Grill requested food items in accordance with customers’ specifications and preset recipes
- Manage portions of grilled food items and garnish them
- Regulate temperature of broilers, grills, and roasters
- Wash, cut, and peel meats and vegetables before preparing them for cooking
- Taste and evaluate food items before serving
- Receive raw food items from suppliers
- Ensure that all supplied items are of good quality and accurate quantity
- Ensure refrigeration and rotation of food items
- Label food items appropriately
- Discard any expired or near expiry food items
- Arrange prepared food items in an aesthetic manner
- Check and recheck equipment temperature to ensure the accuracy of order
- Maintain work area by cleaning and sanitizing constantly
- Clean and disinfect grilling and broiling equipment after use
- Preparing of barbecue, sharwama, catfish and all related grill meal
- Ensure preventative and general maintenance of grilling equipment
- Make sure that food items are appropriately thawed before using
- Manage inventory of food supplies
- Cool food items down to standard temperatures before serving
- Ability to build and maintaining fires.
- Ability to follow direction, accept constructive criticism, follow recipes, and operate without constant supervision following a lengthy training period
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs of restaurant daily.
- Organizational skills are a must as you will be utilizing multiple smokers, multiple protein types, time constraints, etc.
- Attention to detail and quality control are keys to being successful at this position.
- Loading, unloading smokers, coolers and dry storage. Checking in orders, packaging product, and assisting with catering needs.
- Understand health, safety, and sanitation regulations.
- OND, Diploma in any relevant discipline (professional certification is an added advantage)
- 3 – 5 years working expertise as a Grill Master (Cooking ability is an added advantage)
- Desire for continuous learning and professional development.
- Capacity to stand for long hours.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety guidelines.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking and upselling skills.
- Level-headed with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the production of high-quality outputs and excellent customer service.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on holidays, as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize work and follow through with assigned tasks.
- Be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
- Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines of food displays.
- Handle multiple tasks at one time while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment.
- Work in a fast paced, intense work environment, under sometimes extreme heat and stress.
N45,000 – N60,000 Monthly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Grill Master” as the subject of the email.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.