Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
Read more about this company
Controls and Testing Manager
- Job Type Full Time , Remote
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- This position supports the Legal, Risk and Compliance Function, reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance & Controls & Testing which develops and provides oversight of AML/CFT and Sanctions assurance testing, Risk management, and strategic compliance matters for Chipper Cash.
- Are you someone who is steeped in compliance, able to operate both as a sophisticated support for regulatory efforts but also a strategic thinker and able to operate in a fast moving, fast growing start-up with a strong culture of compliance?
- As part of the Legal, Risk and Compliance team, you will play a critical role in proactively identifying, assessing, and advising on internal controls and quality assurance testing for Chipper and enabling Chipper’s growth.
- You will have a wide remit to support the Global Head of Financial Crime & DMLRO in reviewing and developing the business’ continuing improvement and ongoing testing of internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Lead a team of controls testing analysts across several jurisdictions, working closely with the Head of Quality Assurance & Controls & Testing to ensure the continual development of the controls testing framework and business as usual testing.
- Draft and develop internal controls testing policy and procedures, as well as provide enhancements to existing controls testing methodology.
- Establish standards for controls testing for various LRC workflows, including but not limited to, transaction monitoring, watchlist screening, and KYC/onboarding workflows; lead reporting of controls testing results to senior LRC management
- Recommend and implement improvements and enhancements to existing controls framework within LRC based on testing results.
- Ensure that risks are being appropriately managed and accurately reported and escalated to the department head when appropriate.
- Assist with ensuring that necessary controls and risk mitigation efforts are identified, implemented, and documented within LRC structures and systems
- Assist with third party and independent testing and audit requirements and requests when appropriate.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Degree is a plus. Industry certification(s) from professional bodies relevant to the financial services sector is a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment together with experience operating in a second line role or corresponding control function in a Financial Services organization or at a consulting firm.
- Experience working in Fintech and liaising with regulators and internal business partners.
- Broad knowledge experience assisting with examinations, control reviews, document production, risk and gap analysis, and issue responses.
- Be a self-driven, self-starter. We’re a dedicated, hardworking team collectively motivated by our mission and vision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- It is a plus if you are proficient in other languages.
- Have a global mindset.
- Even at our small size, we have a team that represents 10+ countries, and our global footprint of customers will continue to grow.
We have four company core values, and they drive the way we work across teams and across the globe. These are:
- Lead with Empathy: We are all human. Empathy shines through in how we treat each other and our customers. When something doesn’t go as planned, we look for opportunities to learn and grow together.
- Be an Owner: This is your company too. We take initiative to make things better. We take action when something looks out of place.
- Communicate to Develop Trust: Effective, transparent communication is the foundation for building trust. We communicate early and communicate often. We share mistakes and lessons to make us more unified and stronger.
- Be Bold: We are bold because we push the limits of what we think is possible and we show up every day to chip away, in any way possible, at these impossibly hard problems.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.