Our goal is to help families achieve living incomes, which will allow them to feed their families daily; educate all their children; and have proper housing, water, hygiene and other essential resources.
Read more about this company
Business and System Analyst – IPMS
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Data Science / Research
- The Business and Systems Analyst – Integrated Program Management System (IPMS) will be the individual responsible for the ensuring full implementation of IPMS and that day-to-day support, training and issues resolution is proactively managed for IPMS.
- They will be embedded in each Program Area and work with the Program Area team and country program staff to ensure that needs related to IPMS are defined, issues are escalated (as appropriate) and resolution is sought.
- Working in close coordinaton with program teams, the role will be dedicated to hearing and interpreting the project management needs of program and project staff in their associated Program Area and ensuring that those needs are addressed.
- The role may be located in any of the following countries; Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Senegal, Uganda, Rwanda & Zambia.
Essential Character Traits
- A successful candidate eager to learn, with exceptional problem solve skills and enthusiastic to collaboratively work on innovative solutions.
- This role requires a strong commitment to team work, detailed oriented, excellent communication skills, strong ability to work cooperatively with multi-cultural teams, manage multiple priorities and thrive in a matrixial reporting management structure.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Supports the maintenance and continued improvement of Heifer’s project management business processes (35%):
- Facilitate the full implementation of IPMS components area wide.
- Conduct the onboarding process of Heifer’s project management business processes for new project management staff.
- Share and facilitate Heifer’s online learning courses on Heifer’s project management business processes in collaboration with Heifer’s People Dept.
- Collaboratively work to reflect and address field-identified project management needs in Heifer project management business processes.
- Elevate requested changes from the area on project management processes to IPMS management and support the update process (i.e. collect feedback, coordinate meetings, etc.).
- Working within the Area structure, provide operational support to field staff on Heifer’s project management business processes, such as, location of guidelines, online learning courses, and explaining business process and tools related to IPMS implementation.
- As requested, organize regional, country and project training and/or meetings on IPMS, document actions and next steps.
- Collaborate effectively with the other IPMS team members in the regions, document lessons learned, opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
Specialist in Heifer’s cloud- based project management software and preserving its value to program staff (40%):
- Provide support to field staff for NGO Online, including resolving questions and issues both functional and operational, in a timely manner.
- Triage questions or issues that end users face to appropriate teams (ie. IPMS management, HQ MELS, Enterprise Systems, IT, Knowledge Management etc.)
- Provide direct support to program teams starting new projects with system setup (i.e. NGO Online, Laserfiche, Agresso).
- Actively listen and document the needs of field teams and elevate requests that would involve adaptation or updating the system to IPMS Management.
- Develop and distribute necessary resources/training videos and other materials related to conducting activities, improving efficiency, sharing best practices of NGO Online.
- Conduct IPMS data quality spot checks on projects.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure data reporting is standardized across the network; recommend and implement improvements in reporting/tracking process or tools.
- Provide refresher trainings on the system process functions.
- Proactively identify NGO Online system functionalities that might need adjustments or updates.
- Lead communications around IPMS updates and troubleshooting.
Provide analysis and reporting to support the strategy (15%):
- Develop a standard process of identifying and creating standard and special reports for decision making and sharing to stakeholders.
- As needed, develop reports for decision making and sharing to stakeholders.
- Generate updates for senior level audiences on performance of projects and programs.
- Collaborate with others to identify opportunities to support signature program and project business plan reports.
- Drive change with thought leadership around information flow, systems, and related process improvements.
- Coordinate with others to optimize data analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Supports the identification of areas of program underperformance and major opportunities for growth.
May perform other duties related as assigned (10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development or any relevant field, plus two years experience in project management in non-profits.
- Practical experience in project management in the INGO space.
- Proven experience in project management systems use.
- Bilingual English and Spanish (writing, reading and speaking).
- Preferred Requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills based on the analysis of available data to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Proven experience in managing change management processes within a development organization.
- Experience managing Azure and other Microsoft environments.
- Strong experience in project management, project management certification is a plus, Project D Pro.
- Ability to train individuals and teams using participatory methodologies and different tools. Strong facilitation skills preferred.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and ideas into simple, clear, and actionable reports.
- Skills in software management, data processing and information generation.
- Most Critical Proficiencies
- Demonstrated ability to manage and communicate effectively across cultures and teams.
- Strong ability to listen, analyze, and document issues.
- Patience with building capacity and the gradual change of the work.
- Strong experience in project management, project management certification is a plus, Project D Pro
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment in challenging situations.
- Proficient in performing Data Quality analysis while paying attention to details.
- Experience with SharePoint, excel, and PowerBi.
- Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to work under pressure, perform multiple tasks and manage consistently competing priorities and high-volume, meticulous work, comfortable in rapidly changing environment. Must be flexible and able to improvise to handle a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain close relationships and work with team members from a distance and with limited opportunity for personal interaction.
- Constant sitting and working at a computer for extended periods.
- Constant face-to-face, electronic, and telephone communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to travel and adequate physical conditions are necessary to travel internationally.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.