Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time , Remote
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
What this job can offer you
- Prepare and submit all reports connected with Remote VAT obligations (VAT Returns, Recapitulative Statements, Statistical Reports, National Bank Reports, others)
- Work with tax advisors to prepare and submit reports connected to Remote VAT obligations.
- Ensure accuracy of ERP data: Perform controls in order to detect inaccuracies, liaise with accounts payable and accounts receivable team in order to review individual transactions and make necessary corrections if applicable.
- Compliance of invoices: Analyze invoices to ensure compliance with local tax law (minimum requirements) and proper tax treatment – request corrections if necessary.
What you bring
- Experience working in a Tax department (big 4 environment valuated focused in tax and reporting), namely at preparing and filing tax returns;
- Hold a bachelor’s or master degree in Tax, Accounting, Finance, Management or similar – to be a chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA, CTA, CPA or similar) will be highly valued;
- To be a team-player driven by excellence, good organization skills and attention to details:
- You’ll report to: VAT Manager
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with hiring manager
- Interview with Head of VAT – Director
- Interview with Senior Director Finance Accounting and Tax
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.