The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
The Group’s activities encompass:
Cement – Manufacturing / Importing
Sugar – Manufacturing …
Read more about this company
Senior General Manager, Production
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 30 years
- Location Ogun
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Reports To Head: Plant Director
- Ensure plant operations are optimized towards accomplishment of all set plant performance objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and articulation of a production strategy for DCP
- Create and manage the Plant’s production plan, capacity plan and materials requirement plan in line with DCP’s strategic intent.
- Oversee the implementation of approved production plan at the plant to ensure established targets are met.
- Ensure that production processes are implemented in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the unit’s strategic direction and objective to all staff.
- Prepare annual production budgets based on relevant considerations including market forces and ensure achievement of planned budgets through optimization of resources.
- Coordinate and manage the production team to achieve daily production targets within the specified quality level, budget and time.
- Liaise with Maintenance to coordinate planned shutdowns of production lines for the purpose of maintenance.
- Oversee the execution of cement kiln lining repairs, raw, cement mill operations, and cement packaging system.
- Keep abreast with new developments in cement production and good practices, and make recommendations for improvement to the Deputy Plant Director (Operations & Maintenance).
- Supervise the implementation of approved recommendations.
- Coordinate with other units of production, mines and maintenance departments are required to meet production requirements.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership and strategic direction to the production team.
- Prepare and provide production repots and information to management to aid decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Plant Director.
- M.Sc in Chemistry or related discipline.
- Post-graduate/relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of thirty (30) years relevant work experience, 10 of which must be in senior management position.
Skills & Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of cement production processes.
- Up to date knowledge of the cement industry (Local and international) including the trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Firsthand knowledge of cement manufacturing equipment and their functionalities.
- Strong knowledge of product quality parameters and quality control.
- Competence in Operations Planning, Budgeting and Management
- Data Analytics skills competence and Financial Management capability.
- People management and leadership skills.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Good supervisory, coaching and monitoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.