At Moni, our vision is to democratise access to financial services across Africa. To achieve this, we have hired some of the best hands there are to build a suite of financial products powered by social trust. We currently operate in Nigeria and Benin Republic and are looking to expand to Guinea.
Read more about this company
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 5 years
- Location Not specified
- Job Field ICT / Computer
What you’ll do
- Automate application builds and deployments.
- Plan and implement cloud-based servers, applications, and microservices.
- Design, architect, nimplement, test, automate and maintain software components to a high-quality standard.
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Provide technical leadership for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues and manage incidents
- Propose and follow the branching/merge strategies in version control tool
- Manage all production releases.
- Comply the project with different MOS (Minimum Operational Standards) standards and suggest/implement improvements
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Shell/Python/Groovy/Ruby
- You have 4-5 years experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience on setting up Continuous Integration pipelines with tools like Teamcity
- Experience working on configurations of Source code management tools like Git, Bitbucket
- Hands on experience on deployment automation using one of the tools like uDeploy, Jenkins.
- Experience on change management tools like service now
- Basic knowledge of Continuous monitoring using ELK, Appdynamics tools.
- Basic knowledge of Knowledge of common cloud service providers like AWS
- Basic knowledge of app server (WAS/WebLogic) clustering, load balancing, and deployment topology
- Possess knowledge of Linux fundamentals
- Experience on shell scripting
- Ability to work independently, good communication skills, has experience in working on complex and medium to large projects.
What it Takes to Succeed in the Role
- You’re a critical thinker and possess great problem-solving skills
- You’re a great team player.
- You’re curious: we’re growing at a fast pace and we thrive on continuous improvement. You are eager to learn and expand your horizon.
- You’re flexible and resilient: you are excited to see what tomorrow brings and you are able to adapt to new strategies and priorities when needed.
- You’ve a strong sense of ownership and you are able to keep your focus on highest-value priorities. You get very proud of each feature your team delivers and you are happy to celebrate successes and learnings with them.
- You make it happen: you are constantly looking for improvement opportunities and you are able to involve the right people to make those improvements a reality.
- You’re a great communicator: you are able to listen to other teams needs, you ensure transparency and visibility on your roadmap and you value keeping stakeholders informed of progress and milestones.
- You’re passionate about doing meaningful work that has an impact on underserved Communities.
- AWS – Cloud Infrastructure
- Nodejs – Primary backend languages
- MongoDB, Redis – Data persistence
- Postman, cypress – Testing tools
- Bitbucket – Source code management
- RabbitMQ or Nats – Message broker
- Sentry – Log management
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage (Nigeria)
- MacBook Pro Laptop
- The opportunity to work at a fast-growing, fast-paced startup
- A team that’s invested in your growth
At Moni, we believe in the collective prosperity of both our staff and our agents. We hire the most versatile, curious and talented people we can find and give them all they need to thrive!
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.