- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Others
- Experience 1 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- Salary Range ₦100,000 – ₦150,000/month
The Optometrists will be responsible for examining, diagnosing, treating, and managing disorders of the visual system, eye diseases, and injuries. You will prescribe eyeglasses or contact lenses as needed, diagnose problems or impairments and provide treatment.
The Optometrist will interact with patient and staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Strong decision making ability and attention to detail are important in this position.
Your duties shall include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform vision tests and analyze results. Promote eye health by counseling patients, including explaining how to clean and wear contact lenses
- Examine patients’ eyes courteously using observation, instruments, equipment and pharmaceutical agents.
- In charge of the day to day running of the optical department, keeping and providing record of activities.
- Administering, organizing and planning the development of the practice. Communicating with patients to get detailed case histories
- Examining the eyes of patients of all ages to detect signs of injury, disease, abnormality or vision defects.
- Being aware of signs and symptoms of general health conditions (e.g. hypertension, asthma, ulcer, diabetes e.t.c).
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists if eye conditions are beyond scope of practice.
- Offering advice to patients and reassuring them about vision-related matters.
- Offering help and advice for patients choosing frames and lenses. Liaising with other medical practitioners and sometimes sharing the care of patients with chronic ophthalmic conditions.
- Meeting sales targets with regard to selling spectacles or contact lenses.
- Undertaking continuing education and training (CET).
- Managing staff, including dispensing opticians and clerical staff, and training junior staff.
- Managing the retail aspects of spectacles, contact lenses and other vision care products.
- Participate in outreaches.
- Ensure that all consumables needed are available and on time.
- Work with other team members to coordinate the camp/hospital Generate various reports.
- Drive business growth.
- Ensure all equipment’s are well used and maintained.
- Provide innovative solutions.
- Advising the management on new development in the eye care industry.
- You will be required to work at our other branches from time to time.
- You shall report to the Lead Optometrist or other assigned superior on daily basis, and carry out assignments given that will uphold the values of the department.
- All other duties assigned by the Lead Optometrist and SHL Management.
- Must have a valid practicing License
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Optometry is required.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Good decision making.
- Team Building.
- Ability to Multitask.
- Planning and Coordination.
- Marketing skills is key for the role.
- Time Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.