One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty. Headquartered in Bungoma, Kenya, the organization works with farmers in rural villages throughout Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and recently Malawi.
Using a market-based ap…
Read more about this company
Nigeria Finance & Internal Controls Analyst
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
About the Role
As Nigeria Finance & internal controls Analyst, you will join a growing team that is striving to put an end to poverty by transforming the lives of Nigerian farmers. The team’s purpose is to rapidly scale the OAF model in Nigeria. You will support the expansion of the OAF model in Nigeria and Report to the Nigeria Country Lead. As a Finance & internal controls Analyst you will benefit from this experience, quickly developing your skill-set through immersion in the operating environment. At the same time, the main role of the Finance & internal controls Specialist is to accelerate growth and to constantly stretch and improve OAF’s operations. This presents an excellent career opportunity to both learn from One Acre Fund’s accumulated experience and constantly improve and enable 40%+ program growth per year.
You will have 2+ years of work experience in finance responsibilities (both analysis and financial modelling) to help take the organization to the next levels of scale. You will help lead our budgeting process plus advice our leadership team on important strategic projects through concise and informative analysis.
- Lead Analysis for our Leadership Team. You will lead projects like: Operational plans diligence, Sensitivity analyses for operational decisions, Cost optimization leadership, analyzing new inorganic growth opportunities.
- Support Frontier Projects – Creating financial models for new business opportunities across the organization that emphasize program profitability and effectiveness.
Budgeting & Variance Analysis:
- Work with Department Heads to set annual budgets and manage the monthly BVA process.
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections and work with department heads to strategize ways to maximize cost efficiency without compromising quality.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis for individual departments and the country program through examining current spending, market and financial forecasts, and overall goals to make recommendations and guide executive decision-making.
- Present new strategies and assessments to team members in compelling arguments.
- Roll out clear cost-saving programs with timelines and assessment goals.
- This encompasses managing mission-critical systems such as client data management, field audits, and investigations. This would likely include processing payments from thousands of clients, ensuring high client satisfaction and customer service, and building systems for scale.
- Support all Business Operations activities: analyze and clarify requirements, support solution design, incident management, maintain functional documentation
- Contribute to our continuous improvements on development, quality, and project management processes
Communicate and work with Global Stakeholders:
- In all the above, there are dedicated global support teams with systems and processes that need to be adhered to. You will work with them to ensure that the Nigeria pilot is compliant with these and to mobilise their assets.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2 – 5 years of experience in financial auditing or any previous financial or accounting firm experience with a rigorous professional work experience in a financial analysis role.
- Must have experience in financial modelling and analysis with excel (can perform complex functions).
- Experience with numbers and can provide quick, insightful analyses of the stories behind the numbers.
- Experience managing complex projects and working with other team members.
- Creativity and analytical thinking to look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and experience using SAP.
- Language skills: English is required, proficiency in any additional regional languages from Nigeria.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Abuja with travel to Minna
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Nigeria
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.