AIDDN is a non-profit Organization and an umbrella body of Parents and Professionals of Children and Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Nigeria. The Head office of the Association is currently located in Lagos, Nigeria. The association works for the upliftment of Persons with all categories of Intellectual Developmental Disabilities i…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Project Officer
- Account Officer
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit  , Project Management
- The organization is currently is in need of a Project Officer to manage its overall operations.
- The Project Officer will be accountable for Actions for Change project management components in line with the CBM Global Programme Quality Framework, and in close collaboration and coordination with the finance team at the project inception phase and beyond. As a member of the AIDDN Programme team, success requires close collaboration with office staff, funders, partners, in-country stakeholders, and member Associations to develop, win support for and ensure effective delivery of projects.
- She / he will support AIDDN towards high standards, in line with set project targets, financial principles and the development and maintenance of effective programme impacts. S/he will promote strong capacity in project management, support proposal development, effective project implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management, International Development or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- Professional experience in a national or international NGO with a minimum of 5 years at Project Officer level.
- Experience and a track record in supporting inclusive development and/or humanitarian projects in collaboration with partners, including consortium projects.
- Experience in supporting fundraising opportunities successfully, including proven experience in proposal development*.
- Proven experience in results-based management and project cycle management, including assessment, monitoring, and evaluation, with a sound understanding of budgeting and budget tracking.
- Demonstrated experience in managing internal and external relationships and partnerships, particularly with implementing partners and project stakeholders.
- Experience in working with county and national government, as well as other organizations and donors.
Skills / Competencies / Personal Qualities
- Strong skill in advocacy, communications, research, sustaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders, internal and external.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- A self-starter. Proactive, resourceful, a high level of autonomy and entrepreneurial.
- Diligent, persistent with a can-do, positive attitude
- Ability to demonstrate focus, coordination, prioritization skills and decisiveness, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Lived experience of disability and knowledge of disability issues an advantage*
- Ability to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions, and personal backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated project management experience
- A critical understanding of and deep commitment to social justice and human rights issues facing persons with disabilities worldwide English (professional proficiency), and local language (professional proficiency as relevant).Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Demonstrated interest in a career within the field of disability inclusion, human rights, and commitment to the mission and vision of AIDDN
- English language proficiency required; proficiency in any of the three major local languages in Nigeria is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to problem-solve and resourcefulness
- Willingness to assume a range of unanticipated tasks and work flexible hours, including some weekends
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office.
- Primary tasks range from projects and grants management to review and analyse funding requests while actively contributing to the overall growth and strategic development of the association.
- The AIDDN focal person to support implementation of projects in Nigeria
- Ensure multi-stakeholder engagement, including of persons with disabilities in the project cycle
- As directed by the Programme Coordinator, work with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely delivery of projects, in line with required standards, objectives, activity plans and budgets.
- Support and sustain a high quality and timely documentation culture by AIDDN including implementation data, field stories and photographs, statistics and project narrative and financial reports.
- Advocate, champion, and model disability inclusion to promote inclusion of persons with intellectual disabilities in their communities and in all aspects of society.
- Oversee administrative duties within the programs team including database management and grants administration
- Develop strategic grant-making priorities for a region Communication & Representation
- Create connections between grantees and other funders
- Manage and produce program content on website as needed
- Strengthen AIDDN’s networking with other donors, foundations, women’s and other relevant organizations to develop grant-making and programmatic partnerships and collaborations.
- Represent AIDDN at public events and/or in mass media.
- Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities to enhance and sustain existing and future networks with potential grantees Advocacy & Alliance Building
- Create connections between issues relevant to PWD human rights defenders (PWDHRDs) and opportunities for AIDDN to leverage its position as a funder in advocacy circles
- Identify communications opportunities and strategies to raise awareness about AIDDN
- Plan and conduct travel and other outreach activities to enhance and sustain existing and future networks with potential grantees Team Leadership
- Work in collaboration with other AIDDN teams, including Awareness creation, Fundraising, Communications, and Finance
- Represent the Grant-making Team at AIDDN Board meetings as necessary
- Contribute to the overall health and growth of the association
- Ensure that all children and adults who come into contact with AIDDN’s programmes, are safeguarded to the greatest extent possible.
- Other duties as assigned by the Programme Coordinator and or the Senior Management Team.
Salary commensurate with experience.
go to method of application »
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The organization is currently in need of an Account Officer to manage its financial operations.
Duties / Assignments
The Account Officer will:
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Prepare the Staff payroll, and ensure tax calculations, pension and other statutory contribution is made in line with relevant internal and national regulations.
- Maintain internal accounting system and records and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation, and reports.
- Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
- Process all payments (bank) ensuring that proper support documents are included and are properly approved internally before payment.
- To ensure the safe keeping of all critical financial tools such as cheque books, receipt books and payment vouchers.
- Ensure proper cash flow management to run the office, with the support of Programme Coordinator
- Maintain and manage petty cash documents while observing approved standard procedures
- Reconcile all ledgers, to ensure that all transactions are accurately recorded and reported
- Monitor actual versus budget, bank balances, cash balances and asset purchases, with a view to advice on any arising financial issues with potential budget holder.
- Support in tracking and providing needed reports for AIDDN budget transfer and implementation rates, on request.
- As a member of the procurement committee, ensure that any purchase, lease or sale of assets is done in accordance with procurement guidelines and receives the required approvals.
- Submit timely and complete reports as per agreed timetable and in line with established reporting requirements (CBM Global, donor & regulatory).
- In charge of proper preparation, circulation, filing and archiving of all accounting, financial and contractual documents in conformity with internal and donor procedures.
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness, and efficiency
- Observe compliance with financial regulatory requirements including statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, pension contributions, etc.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the line manager.
- Administrative support to programs and internal processes in the organization in relation to events, conferences, workshops.
- Ensure that Office is well maintained i.e. clean offices, well-maintained office stocks. .
- Oversee the financial audits of all projects of the association.
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, human resource management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
Skills and qualifications
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Internal Audit. Professional qualification in accounting desirable (e.g., ACCA, CIMA, CIA) but not essential*.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role ensuring effective financial management, systems and controls.
- Experience in budget development, monitoring and reporting.
- Familiar with accounting packages
- Able to work well within a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and QuickBooks.
- Solid analytical skills.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter, Resume and 1-2 pages writing sample to: email@example.com using
For Project Officer use “AIDDN PO” as the subject of the mail
For Account Officer use “AIDDN AO” as the subject of the mail
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.