Pulse.ng is Nigeria’s popular news platform online highlighting the entertainment, style, and news that are part of and the West African DNA.
Read more about this company
International Business Development & Commercial Growth Lead
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience – and providing expansive media reach and creative marketing solutions to partners. We run news websites and social channels and marketing and production across Francophone and Anglophone West Africa and East Africa.
We are a platform leading in reach with our news and entertainment content – with millions of regular users per month. We are also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are looking for an International Business Development & Commercial Growth Lead who will be responsible for building and executing sales strategy to increase our advertising and marketing sales in our countries of operation and internationally. You will be required to drive and coordinate commercial opportunities for Pulse among top brands across various industries and among local and international agency partners.
- Lead new revenue opportunities – directly & via sales team facilitation (eg. create decks, workshops with sales teams, etc.):
- Build up Pulse’s D2C revenue streams
- Build up funding from NGOs & Grants
- Support monetization of Pulse Moments
- Support monetization of Pulse Influencer Network
- Activate concrete international sales opportunities:
- Encourage & support cross-market sales
- Prospect international leads
- Develop new prospecting opportunities
- Support & optimize the Pulse sales & accounts set-up:
- Create/maintain general sales material (eg. standard rate cards, updated company presentation)
- Improve CRM utilization
- Support local teams on customer satisfaction & resell topics
Desired Skills & Experience
- B2B sales experience – within the Digital/ Creative/ Media/ Marketing/ Advertising industry preferred
- A strong understanding of digital media and digital marketing and a creative thinker who can connect 360° digital to all aspects of a client’s business to drive growth opportunities
- Successful track record of overachievement of revenue targets
- Great relationship building and networking skills – existing relationships with decision-makers in key industries a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills to be able to communicate solutions and strategies to clients and other stakeholders in a way that they will understand
- Highly organised with a strong bias for action
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.