Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in par…
Read more about this company
Finance Officer I
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Finance Officer I together with other finance team members will implement efficient finance activities within the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the overall technical inputs to the project described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the monthly finance QuickBooks report by imputing transactions into the accounting software.
- Ensure PAYE and Withholding Taxes are remitted before the last day of the month to the responsible parties.
- Monitor budget expenditures against approved budgets.
- Assist finance training for new staff on project finance operations;
- Review purchase orders, time and attendance records and prepare necessary reports for the project finance and senior management team;
- Ensures that all supporting documents are available and attached to the payment vouchers and stamped paid when done;
- Withdraws cash from the bank for program activities and makes necessary disbursements after obtaining necessary approvals;
- Ensure travel advances and activity retirements from the field office are retired before they are due;
- In close coordination with relevant finance staff, assist with monthly bank reconciliation;
- Prepares source documents for both cash and check payments;
- Supervise field office petty cash transactions;
- Assist with identification and payments to vendors, ensure proper authorization for payments, distribute payments as required; supervise the processing of staff claims and advances;
- Act as a focal person for field offices finance related matters
- Additional duties assigned to by their supervisor
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (Accounting, Economics, Business Administration or related finance field).
- Minimum of 5 years’ NGO experience is required.
- Experience implementing USAID funded projects in Nigeria is highly valued.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.