The Justice Development Peace and Health is a program of the Catholic Ecclesiastical Province of Jos. The programÂ was set up to Coordinate, develop appropriate structures, offer required services, and improve the system of social development already existing in the Dioceses since 1970.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 2 years
- Location Gombe
- Job Field Agriculture / Agro-Allied
Community Health Justice and Peace Initiative for Development-JDPH desire to recruit the services of an Agronomist who will work under the supervision of the Agronomy Officer. The Agronomist will be responsible for the implementation of all agricultural programs in the target communities in Yamaltu-Deba LGA of Gombe state.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Location: Gombe State
- Support in the implementation of agricultural activities of the JDPH Project through management, technical training and capacity building to improve skills and production for the project.
- Assist to improve crop production using locally adopted technologies and disease tolerant seed varieties
- Train volunteers and local farmers to explore the use of appropriate farming techniques
- Work with community leaders and other stakeholders to ensure the identification and registration of farmers for the project
- Assist in supervising and organizing all assessments for the project especially monthly price and market assessment
- Assist in analyzing previous and on-going interventions and what lessons learned can be drawn in terms of sustainable agriculture / land management
- Assess the capacity of farmers in target areas to participate in the project, and propose capacity building measures for these stakeholders in areas such as soil conservation, fertility management, pest management and agroforestry
- Propose project activities to improve market access / develop business plans for agricultural / agroforestry production with the support of the Agronomy Officer.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Agronomy Officer.
The Agronomy Assistant will need to poses the following qualifications / skills & experiences;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in designing agricultural content across a wide range of crops.
- Experience developing content in Wheat crops for this project will be a strong advantage.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Soil Science, Crop science or related agricultural sciences.
- Knowledge of using technology and technology platforms for dissemination of content to smallholder families will be a strong plus.
- A strong team player and high degree of flexibility
- Good communicator, highly organized with strong writing skills.
- Fluency in Hausa and English languages
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.