We are a non profit organization which have a burning passion for the development of the slums We tend to affect the children, youth, adult in the community so as to become reliable people and citizens.
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Volunteer)
- Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Assistant
- Method of Application
Administrative and Logistics Assistant (Volunteer)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Internships / Volunteering  , Logistics
- The Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient support and ensure success of procurement and logistic activities, while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards.
- The Administration and Logistics Assistant will assist in the implementation of administrative and logistics activities, he/she will assist in keeping clear records for all administration and logistic operations, including
- Prepare documentation, materials, refreshments for meetings and workshops/trainings were necessary.
- Handle travels arrangements for local and international guests including lodging, meal planning if required.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan.
- Make timely arrangement to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings and equipment in coordination and field offices.
- Ensure all offices are fully equipped with office consumables.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information.
- Prepare purchase requisitions necessary for office or as requested by project staff.
- Request for bids and quotes from vendors.
- Inspect accurately and timely, goods, services and works procured in order to establish client specification.
- Provides accurate information for inventory management.
- Assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of supplies and establish proper warehousing and recording systems.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to distribution to the survey sites.
- Provide a list of all equipment stored and distributed to the survey sites.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid unnecessary supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senor Administration Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management / Management Studies, or any other related field. Previous survey based administrative and logistical support experience is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
go to method of application »
Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Assistant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Assistant whowillwork under the direct guidance and supervision of the FSL Officer to support the implementation of FSL activities in the target area of project implementation.
- The role shall involve direct contact with the project’s beneficiaries, vendors, local and community leaders, and other key stakeholders that are relevant and critical in the implementation of the Project
- Work with Target committee and Livelihood coordinator to ensure the identification and selection of beneficiaries for livelihood activities.
- Develop aquiculture and Livestock skill acquisition programs and manual for beneficiaries.
- Ensure quality training sessions with beneficiaries.
- Work closely with community structures to ensure local approach system during implementation/programming.
- Work with the Livelihood officers in keeping track of beneficiary’s attendance and work activities.
- Coordinate the distribution of startup kits of beneficiaries.
- Coordinate the monthly collation of attendance and work list of beneficiaries
- Timely report any irregularities to the Livelihood Coordinator.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity reports to the Livelihood coordinator.
- Together with LFS Officers, the Assistants will be responsible for the implementation of livelihoods and food security activities on the field. -Agriculture, Income Generation Activities, (IGAs), Cash for work (CfW) activities and livestock production and management.
- Support and carry out the registration of project beneficiaries with supervision from the officer
- Conduct livelihoods assessments to determine most viable income generating activities.
- Support stakeholder and partners in training on project beneficiaries.
- Participate in monthly review meetings with stakeholders.
- Attend Food Security Sector and Livestock Working Group meetings.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply STSI’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- At least a Degree / HND in Aquiculture, Fisheries, Livestock, Animal Husbandry, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences or related field
Desired Competencies / Skills:
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Experience and understanding of Selection, Planning and Management (SPM) of Income Generating Activities (IGAs) both farm and off farm.
- Experience in beneficiary skills trainings and distribution of conditional business grants or small business startup kits.
- Experience in agricultural livelihoods (crop and livestock production), value chain addition and Cash for Work
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Knowledge of the context in Borno state.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Experience in fishing, livestock and Local chicken production.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Ability to write reports
- Able to work outside of regular working hours as required, including evenings and weekends if required.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Good team spirit
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
- Previous experience with Aquiculture and Livestock programming
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with INGO/NGO
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
- Directly to the Livelihood Coordinator.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and assigned by his/her supervisor.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Interested and qualified candidates should send no more than a 5 page CV and Cover Letter
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to STSI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Save The Slum Initiative (STSI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.