We are a non profit organization which have a burning passion for the development of the slums We tend to affect the children, youth, adult in the community so as to become reliable people and citizens.
Read more about this company
Admin and Logistics Assistant (Volunteer)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Internships / Volunteering
Locations: Maiduguri, Borno State
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing efficient support and ensure success of procurement and logistic activities, while providing efficient utilization of resources in accordance with applicable standards.
- The Administration and Logistics Assistant will assist in the implementation of administrative and logistics activities, he/she will assist in keeping clear records for all administration and logistic operations, including
- Prepare documentation, materials, refreshments for meetings and workshops/trainings were necessary.
- Handle travels arrangements for local and international guests including lodging, meal planning if required.
- Provide all administrative and logistical support to the team to ensure timely completion of activities as per the work plan.
- Make timely arrangement to maintain internet faults, office building, furniture, fittings and equipment in coordination and field offices.
- Ensure all offices are fully equipped with office consumables.
- Maintain hard copy and electronic filing systems; to ensure integrity and continuity of data/information.
- Prepare purchase requisitions necessary for office or as requested by project staff.
- Request for bids and quotes from vendors.
- Inspect accurately and timely, goods, services and works procured in order to establish client specification.
- Provides accurate information for inventory management.
- Assess and organize logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of supplies and establish proper warehousing and recording systems.
- Responsible for tracking, receiving, and stocking all items ordered.
- Ensure materials are appropriately stored.
- Program the final inventory of materials prior to distribution to the survey sites.
- Provide a list of all equipment stored and distributed to the survey sites.
- Manage and maintain inventory to operating levels to avoid unnecessary supply.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senor Administration Officer.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management / Management Studies, or any other related field. Previous survey based administrative and logistical support experience is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, and manage their own activities and office workflow even when working under tight deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities that may require overtime or extended hours.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to work with multi-cultural teams.
- Skills in training and management.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
Method of Application
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to STSI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Save The Slum Initiative (STSI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Slum Initiative on to apply
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.