Holcim – What world do you want to live in? Holcim is 70,000 people who build progress together. Join us to build greener cities, enable smarter infrastructure, improve living standards, and so much more. Innovation and sustainability in the built environment starts with us. A career at Holcim means it can start with you.
Read more about this company
Field Sales Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Demonstrates visible leadership and role modeling in Health & Safety (H&S) and Diversity & Inclusion (D&I). More specifically, promoting H&S and D&L actions/behaviours within the function will be key.
- To apply the safety policy and drive through with all direct contacts.
- Identify prospect, visit regularly and build the loyalty of customers which are large and medium companies, masons, developers, small customers and home builders.
- Provide solutions to customers by explaining main technical aspects of different product mix (VAP) to render services and extra demand to meet customer satisfaction.
- Improve and reinforce Lafarge brand in the manufacturing sector.
- Primarily to secure sales for the concrete operations of all product working within the companies strategies and policies.
- To track and report on construction activity within the area and work with colleague to maximize the commercial opportunities for the concrete operations and the wider Lafarge Africa Plc
- Apply and manage the safety policy, drive the policy standards and adversaries already put in place for him, his colleague, subcontractors and all others who are in the site or plant.
- Reports all incidents/VPC and near misses
- Check with the Plant operator/pump and site coordinator, if access to jobsite is in line with safety standard for pumps, electrical lines and space
- Implement the area commercial strategy , and sales action plans to achieve sales target and profit margin
- Organize and control commercial operations for respective region/Area to achieve given sales target and profit margins.
- Evaluate the quality of the company’s relationship with customers, assess their evolving needs and proactively manage and handle complaints and feedbacks
- Work closely with marketing, quality control, production and legal departments when necessary to improve and promote quality and service.
- Work with the Marketing Department to develop & implement communication materials and messages to customers
- Develop action plan to drive the sales of value added products VAPs and new products launch in the territory.
- Organise and coordinate the Area sales activities to ensure all customers are satisfied and ultimately meet target
- Negotiate prices, volume with customers and other extras services and take proactive decision in critical situation (prices delay and claims).
- Represents Lafarge Africa Plc at meetings including trade exhibitions, building expo and trade fair to promote Lafarge products especially (value added products – VAPs)
- Keep to the sales policies and procedures put in place for him and ensure on time delivery of products (concrete) to the customers.
- Make sure all backlogs/pending orders are cleared and necessary documents are met.
Placing & Finishing Service:
- Ability to propose placing & finish service policy when it is relevant
- Write and give placing & Finishing service prices for swift closing of jobsite
- Follow jobsite, applications, deliveries, invoicing, and funds collection to a completion.
- Seek helps from Technical Services Team when it is relevant.
- Understand standard concrete and range of VAP (specifications applications) and make adequate recommendations in termof (production, transport, pouring).
- Advanced understanding of applications and building system. (individual hosing, commercial & institutional, industrial and civil works roads/utilities)
- Suggest adapted products, services, solutions with proper consideration of technical abilities and financial situations of each customer.
- Key sales indicators and reports main action to Line Manager for close out.
- Monthly Customer relationship Management in terms of issues, new lead/closed out sales.
- Regularly scheduled reports from sales database monthly and report to Area Manager
- Adequate knowledge of competition law and apply it when needed.
Production, Transportation / Plant Daily Support:
- Monitor monthly purchase and sales are in line with pumping and delivery unit scheduling and business target.
- Ability to respect and enforce procedures in place to indicate a non-compliance of environmental incident and report to line
- Manager for dailsy decisions and cascade such information to plant Operator/Batcher.
Credit, Administrative, Invoicing Functions:
- Identifies customers that deserve creditworthiness, following the in house process, negotiates payment terms and the implementation in collaboration with credit department for debt recovery and billing.
- Establish new customers are smoothly registered on the database.
- Sends prices on time for billing.
- Checks all pre-invoicing to avoid claims and manages the cash (price and payment terms) with the credit department.
- Ensure all procedure are in place for cancellation of orders and deliveries
- Participate in credit meetings for adequate resolution
- Understand Production/ Logistics Elements of the business
Education / Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Humanities and Social Science
- An Engineering background is an added advantage
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 7 years working experience and above in sales.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of the construction materials industry
- Knowledge of LafargeHolcim products.
- Presentation , communication and networking skills
- Vision, business sense, basic financial knowledge and negotiation skills
- Strong customer focus
- Result oriented, proactive, capable of delivering under pressure
- Basic knowledge of concrete and production tool
- Knowledge of Value Added Product and Ultra Series products.
- Knowledge of transportation management
- Knowledge of computer tools: SFDC, CG Mix (if possible BC Mix), Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Readysoft and pricing matrix.
- Knowledge of quality management.
Long Term Goal:
- Ensure the optimization of customer’s portfolio
- Adapt sales to Lafarge’s priorities
- Improve the profitability of his portfolio
Behavioral and/or managerial competencies:
- Independent thinker and manager of own time
- Ability to discuss and influence others
- Good team player with effective interpersonal skills covering growth facilitation and customer interface aspects
- Rigorous, organized, self-management
- Dynamic, available, mobile
- Listening skills, communication skills
- Persistent, diplomatic and ability to anticipate
- Professional proficiency in English Language
Local / International:
- Local Employment
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.