Read more about this company
Technical Project Manager (Resolve to Save Lives)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit  , Project Management
Reporting to: Reporting to our Director of Engineering
- Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality.
- Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics.
- We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Resolve to Save Lives is transitioning to an independent public health organization to maximize its global impact with speed, simplicity, and scale.
- We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive.
- Resolve to Save Lives seeks qualified candidates for the position of Technical Project Manager. This person will help to coordinate the development and deployment of flexible and powerful software for public health. Our team develops an ultra-lightweight data recording and visualization tool called Simple that is used by thousands of healthcare workers in India, Bangladesh, and Ethiopia to manage 800,000+ patients with hypertension and diabetes.
- This role will require project management skills to support software development, rollout and constant improvement and close partner management with key stakeholders including, the World Health Organization, government partners, and field staff who work in health facilities. This is our first formal project manager on this project, so you will be formalizing informal processes, bringing rigor to scheduling and ticketing, and taking significant ownership over processes. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring their skills to a project that has the potential to save many lives and requires constant learning and adaptation as we grow.
Duties and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Translate team goals and priorities into concrete operational plans
- Gather project requirements and technical scope
- Monitor information flow throughout the team, help leadership understand where the gaps are, suggest and execute fixes
- Facilitate project retrospectives to collect feedback, draw out lessons learned, and document best practices
- Document plans and processes to establish consistency and ensure project deliverables are completed on-time
- Track projects, timelines and commitments on internal projects and deliverables
- Provide partners and users with regular, intuitive updates on new features, app improvements, and bug fixes
- Ensure production issues are triaged, prioritized, and fixed
- Optional: If you are interested, there is room to work on product requirement documents, and contribute to the product management of Simple, on top of project management.
Experience, Skills, and Abilities
You may be a good fit if you have:
- At least 5 years of experience with user-facing software product teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, especially the ability to present clear, concise updates and ideas
- A track record of delivering software product features, working with design and development teams from kick off to launch
- The ability to take the lead, think critically, and solve problems that aren’t always clearly defined
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A responsive, empathetic, team-driven mindset
- Self-motivation and the drive to provide value for users every day
- Ability to work across different partners, with varying work styles and communication approaches
- Flexible, collaborative work style yet capable of working independently
Method of Application
Note: We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to Vital Strategies on phg.tbe.taleo.net to apply
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.