Owens and Xley Consults is a Lagos based company that offers business advisory and consulting services to help Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). Our Mission is to provide quality insights, tools and resources needed to build a sustainable business.
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Project Coordinator
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Ogba, Lagos
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Ensure the accuracy of financial documents as well as their compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Preparing and maintaining important financial reports
- Preparing tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Evaluating financial operations to recommend best practices, identify issues and strategize solutions
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement and profit maximization
- Execution and management of company’s initiatives and daily operations
- Management of company policies and procedures
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Ensure operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Monitor overall efficiency
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
- Supervise staff and processes
- Maximizing operating potential to exceed customer’s expectations and company goals.
- Effecting better business practices.
- 3-5 years experience as an Accountant or experience in a managerial role.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Finance or relevant Degree.
- ICAN or relevant certification is a plus.
N150,000 – N180,000 / month.
go to method of application »
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Building and Construction  , Project Management
Our client, a Construction Firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 3 months
- We are a construction firm seeking a 3-month contract with a results-driven Project Coordinator to plan, organize, and direct the activities of our construction projects.
- S/He will be responsible for ensuring construction projects run smoothly.
Duties for the Project Coordinator will include:
- Provide administrative support to Construction Manager
- Track and communicate project risks and opportunities
- Perform daily site checks to monitor progress.
- Document, record and communicate all issues and technical deviations.
- Inspect the construction site to ensure appropriate level of quality control in all project phases.
- Ensure project completion is within budget, schedule and in conformance with specifications.
- Monitor material and tools spending to stay within budget.
- Provide required documents for all implementations and activities on site.
- Identify ways to increase the profitability of projects & reduce expenses where possible.
- Coordinate with the material supply chain to provide the needed supplies.
- Supervise and facilitate installation of equipment and component to guarantee every process is running due standards.
- Prepare periodic construction progress reports from the site to the Construction Manager.
- Collaborate with the Construction Manager to provide all required safety needs.
- Maintain records of all construction dates and project costs.
- Design and control the project schedule.
- Liaise with clients to determine the project’s objectives.
- Degree in Building Construction, Civil Engineering, or related field.
- PMP Certification will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years of experience in construction project management.
- Exceptional project administration & budget management skills.
- Excellent multitasking, communicating & organizational skills.
- Ability to read & interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications.
- Have in-depth knowledge of materials, building codes & regulations.
- Ability to use computer programs specific to the construction industry, such as scheduling and estimating software.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and email software.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work semi-autonomously, making decisions without excessive oversight.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.