The People Practice helps startups scale, and accelerate impact by providing bespoke people-centred solutions.
The People Practice helps people access employment opportunities by exposing them to relevant knowledge and practical skills.
We’re very open to being involved in a good story.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Kano
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Human Resources / HR
Our client is looking to hire an HR and Admin officer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of operational and administrative management of the clinic’s projects and day-to-day activities, ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as the parent organization’s regulations.
The HR and Admin Officer will also design the yearly budget and plan for the organization, under the Chief Finance Officer’s supervision.
- Supervise employees which may include recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Maintain physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts and PTO requests.
- Update internal databases with new hire information.
- Publish, remove job ads, schedule job interviews, and contact candidates as needed.
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics.
- Develop training and onboarding materials.
- Respond to employees’ queries on benefits.
- Coordinate schedules, distribute memos and reports and ensure everyone is kept current on necessary company news and information.
- Evaluate the performance of the employees semi-annually.
- Provide confidential secretarial and administrative support for the principal executive or executives, including managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues; organize and facilitate meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required.
- Gather, enter, and/or update data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establish and maintain files and records for the office.
- Monitor and coordinate accounting activities as appropriate, and prepare internal reports for management; participate in budget planning and management, as required.
- Assist with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the office.
- Compose and prepare written documentation and correspondence for the office; screen and evaluate incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare responses as appropriate.
- Assist in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about company policies
- Gather payroll data like bank accounts and working days
- Update office policies as needed
- Maintain the company calendar, schedule appointments, and book meeting rooms as required
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails, and packages)
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and meeting minutes.
- Prepare and distribute business journals, presentations, transcriptions, and letters using
- standard formats.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of company information.
- Prepare travel documents and make travel arrangements.
- Collect and analyze the business data from various departments to prepare reports and presentations for management.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior management and administrative personnel for effective and smooth operations.
- Plan and organize pieces of training, leadership meetings, conferences, and workshops.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least three (3) years of related experience required.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of the Asana task management tool is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.