Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
Read more about this company
Director of Product Marketing, Global
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
- As a senior operator at a fast-growing early-stage Fintech company, you will have the opportunity to create a massive impact – on the company, on the product, and, most importantly, on the lives and livelihoods of our +4 million users.
- We are a small team that is growing quickly. You will be encouraged to engage in impactful decision-making.
- This is a leadership position with a seat at the “strategic” table across Growth Marketing, Product, Operations, Intelligence, and Compliance.
- Chipper just closed our Series C funding – read all about it on TechCruch
- We have a team culture centered on open communication, honest feedback, and personal responsibility. You will not be micromanaged.
- We believe that the best solution is often the simplest and that testing and measuring are the keys to unlocking exponential growth.
- The Chipper team is truly global – on a daily basis, you might be interacting with team members in Nairobi, San Francisco, Lagos, Los Angeles, New York City, Accra, London, Johannesburg, and Berlin.
- We’re looking for talented, passionate product marketers, who enjoy developing, launching, and scaling impactful financial services products for customers in emerging markets.
- An ideal team member will be self-driven, will enjoy owning their own projects end-to-end, and will be able to constructively communicate with the rest of the team in order to brainstorm, disambiguate product specifications, and to give (and receive) feedback on everything from writing style to performance and reporting.
- Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are both humble and bold, with a strong bias toward action and personal accountability. This role could be leveled as Head of Product Marketing depending on a candidate’s experience.
- We are looking for a Head of Product Marketing to join Chipper’s Growth Marketing team reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing. The position is responsible for successfully executing the product marketing go-to-market plan and growth strategies and tactics.
- As Chipper’s first Product Marketing leader you will build a team of product marketing experts and work with the GM team to launch and scale novel solutions across Africa and in-bound remittance markets such as the UK, US, CA, and Australia.
- We have an exciting opportunity to build and scale the next generation of financial services for millions and potentially billions of people in the fastest growing emerging markets, and will need the help of this Product Marketing leader to drive hard towards realizing this ambitious vision.
As Director of Product Marketing you will:
- Lead the development of the Go to Market(ing) plans and growth of key products – including Crypto and Stocks, and core P2P money transfers.
- Build an A team of product marketers to support Chipper’s expanding suite of financial products for consumers and businesses.
- Optimize core product funnels by testing UX, Copy, Imagery and Messaging.
- Work closely with Product Management, Product Design, Intelligence and Growth Marketing teams on product analytics and KPI attainment for product launches and growth.
- Communicate product value, positioning and differentiation.
- Leverage owned, earned, paid, and PR to tell Chipper’s product story to the world.
- Talk to users, via surveys and interviews to understand their needs, challenges, and how they use the product in the market today.
- Develop campaigns to increase awareness, new users, and conversion to key activation benchmarks.
- Develop incentives campaigns to increase active users.
- Launch and grow impactful products and provide real value to people’s daily lives.
- Own the growth metrics of core products.
What You Should Have
- Proven product leader with Consumer Fintech product marketing experience at high growth companies.
- Highly empathetic to the needs of our diverse African user base that depend on Chipper for personal and business finances.
- Embody a global growth mindset with a strong bias towards shipping campigns, testing and iterating.
- Strong passion for making an impact in emerging markets, specifically in Africa.
- 4+ years of experience of Mid to Senior level Product Marketing experience
- Detail oriented and well-organized, you sweat the details, test assumptions, report results and extract key insights for future improvements.
- An editor mindset, you constantly cut for clarity.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven, hyper growth startup environment.
- Ability to be flexible with project timelines.
- Ability to interface with internal teams including Operations, Engineering, Product Design, Intelligence, Compliance and Product Management.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic – goes the extra mile without being asked.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and an instinct for moving quickly and iterating rapidly.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.