Sparkle Nigeria is a bank and then more, licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), we are what most people would refer to as a digital bank. We offer financial, lifestyle and business support services to Nigerians across the globe. At Sparkle, we are building a tribe of like minded people to create a market place that makes it easy to achieve business outcomes.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
About the Role
- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who understands the DevOps culture and practices; and can be a champion for this within the organization.
- The DevOps Engineer believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important.
- The ideal candidate can think long-term incremental evolution, in sync with the industry practices and innovation.
What You’ll be Doing Everyday
- Manage internal infrastructure
- Promote infrastructure best practices like security, release management, monitoring
- Design infrastructure that is resilient, secure and highly available
- Facilitate the building and releasing of features by the Technology team
- Take part in building a secure and highly available platform
- Automate common operations on critical systems in a safe and reliable manner
- Build tools and processes that increase the productivity of the Technology team and ensure an efficient release pipeline
- Support and collaborate with other Developers building on top of the platform
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Sparkle’s internal systems
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches
- You have at least 5 years of software development experience
- You have a solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- You have experience with system scripting languages like Bash, Python or Golang
- You have experience with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes, ECS, Docker Swarm
- You are deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- You have experience with working with tools like Terraforms, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- You have experience with at least one major cloud provider
- You have strong understanding of computer science principles
- You have experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience with system automation
- You have experience with distributed system.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.