First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank …
Read more about this company
Unit Head, IT Infrastructure and Business Applications
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Job Identification: 176
- Oversee the development and implementation of technology and enterprise cloud strategy, standards, processes, frameworks, methodologies, and KPI’s in support of the Bank’s IT-business objectives including automation and continuous process improvements
- Direct effort to evaluate, recommend, design, integrate, and coordinate enhancements of IT infrastructure & Business Applications
- Work with the business to ensure the accuracy of business cases and ensure that proposed solutions will meet the business need
- Work with IT Architects to establish and direct the infrastructure model and technology that will be operated according to the needs of each business area/ customers
- Work with IT Architects to ensure that modified infrastructure interacts appropriately and that data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed to meet the performance requirements of the project
- Establish and direct the infrastructure service provisioning strategy to guide supply, installation, and maintenance of infrastructure
- Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels
- Coordinate routine infrastructure analysis and evaluation on resource requirements necessary to maintain or expand service levels
- Ensure the operation of services, processing, storage and backup of information, in order to maintain continuity
- Direct effort to plan all activities associated with the support and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in a IT related discipline
- Masters or a recognized/ relevant professional certification will be an added advantage.
Skill / Competencies:
- IT Governance (GOVN 5)
- Business Risk Management (BURM 4)
- Continuity Management (COPL 5)
- Network Planning (NTPL 6)
- Data Management (DATM 5)
- Network Design (NTDS 6)
- Capacity Management (CPMG 4)
- Availability Management (AVMT 5)
- Service Level Management (SLMO 6)
- Change Management (CHMG 4)
- IT Operations (ITOP 4)
- Storage Management (STMG 6)
- Network Support (NTAS 5)
- Problem Management (PBMG 4).
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure design, implementation and operations
- In-depth knowledge of IT applications, infrastructure, and service delivery
- In-depth knowledge of Devops & cloud-workload provisioning; Azure, AWS & Google cloud platform
- Proficient understanding of service management tools for event management, provisioning, and monitoring
- Project management skills – Project leader experience of medium to large size IT projects
- Good knowledge of enterprise applications systems such as Finacle 10, Oracle ERP, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of network systems (LAN & WAN).
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.