Havana Specialist Hospital prides itself on providing quality care and continually coming up with new ideas on how to solidify our patients’ trusts.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering  , Medical / Healthcare
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
Overall Purpose of the Job
- A physiotherapist intern performs routine physical therapy treatments according to patient treatment plans as well as evaluating and treating patients with a wide variety of disabilities in the in-patient ward under the supervision of a senior physiotherapist.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist the Physiotherapy team to devise and review treatment programs, comprising manual therapy, movement, therapeutic exercise and the application of technological equipment, e.g. ultrasound.
- Works with patients to identify and improve their movement and function; helps promote their patients’ health and well-being; assists the rehabilitation process by developing and restoring body systems in particular the neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and respiratory systems as directed by a senior physiotherapist.
- Monitor patient flow in the treatment rooms to ensure that all patient are receiving treatments as close to scheduled treatment times as possible and reports to the supervising physiotherapist.
- Attend clinical training sessions as expected.
- Education requirements: a Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy / Medical Rehabilitation (BPT / BMR)
- Must have provisional accreditation of the Medical Rehabilitation Therapists (Registration) Board of Nigeria (MRTB)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office Suite, EMR and other related software
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.