Ascentech Services Ltd acts as a gateway to provide a wide range of recruitment and selection services to companies. We are a dedicated team of professional consultants offering top-of-the-line executive recruitment and selection services. We cater for the needs of a range of professionals seeking employment and work together to create effective solutions using our networks and strong client base.
Read more about this company
Senior Purchase Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Delta
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Location: Issele Azagba, Delta State
Department: Purchasing / Procurement Department
Reporting to: General Manager
- Manage the daily operations of the Purchase Department.
- Consult with user department to develop a material specification.
- Initiate bid/quote processes for services and suppliers.
- Ensure accurate documentation and posting of procurement transactions
- Prepare enquiries for requisitions sent from the project sites and other departments that require foreign purchase.
- Negotiate with vendors to get the best possible discount on the purchase while maintaining the required standard
- Identifies and reports deficiencies or defects and monitor their resolution or contractual implications
- Perform bid analysis and make recommendations regarding purchases.
- Ensure purchase is in adherence to the approved vendors list provided
- Update the procurement spreadsheet/tracker to capture the current procurement stage for materials been purchased.
- Ensure the procurement plan is strictly adhered to, in order to ensure materials, arrive on site as at when required.
- Provide feedback on the overall procurement status of the project materials to the project manager, top management and client on a regular basis.
- Organize and coordinate the attendance of factory acceptance test by the client, contractor and TPI.
- Follow up on receipt of the material.
- A good First Degree in Purchasing and Supply or any related course. Alternatively, an Accounting Degree or an Engineering Degree would be preferred.
- Should have at Least Five (5) Years Experience in the manufacturing industry.
- A relevant professional certification is a MUST.
- Good Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Excel, SAP or ERP.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.