Facebook is a corporation and online social networking service headquartered in Menlo Park, California, in the United States. Its website was launched on February 4, 2004, by Mark Zuckerberg with his Harvard College roommates and fellow students Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes. The founders had initially limited the websit…
Read more about this company
Regional Ethics & Compliance Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Facebook’s Compliance team is looking for an independent, team-oriented professional who can collaborate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders and prioritize effectively in a fast-moving business environment.
- This role will be part of the EMEA Regional Ethics & Compliance team, with an initial geographical focus on West and Central Africa, while also supporting other regional and global compliance needs.
- The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. As the first point of contact for ethics and compliance matters for the Facebook offices and initiatives under their responsibility, the right candidate must be able to understand and assess risks across a wide variety of business areas.
- Being able to build relationships with diverse stakeholders is critical, as is the ability to triage ethics and compliance issues and escalate appropriately.
- Finally, they respect Facebook values, and be able to articulate how our work fits into Facebook’s Mission.
- This role will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Develops, implements and leads ethics and compliance initiatives across West and Central Africa and other regions, including measures to drive compliance to the Code of Conduct, Anti-Corruption Policy, and compliance-related policies.
- Conducts outreach regarding ethics and compliance matters with regional stakeholders, including regional leadership, and serves as a key point of contact between Compliance and regional stakeholders.
- Partners with cross-functional stakeholders to provide ethics and compliance advice and support to the business.
- Structures, plans, and conducts ad-hoc and regular regional, country, and programmatic risk assessments, with main focus on ethics and compliance-related risks assessments, with main focus on ethics and compliance-related risks Leverages regional understanding and subject matter expertise to sharpen impact of the global compliance program, and promote an ethical culture and tone.
- Monitors business activity and recommends appropriate issue-specific and programmatic preventive and corrective actions to mitigate risks and advance the company’s goals in a legal and ethical manner.
- Plans and conducts ethics and compliance training and communication initiatives to educate and engage employees and higher-risk third parties.
- Analyses third-party engagements for potential ethical and compliance risks. Oversees anti-corruption due diligence, oversight, and monitoring of higher-risk third parties and advises the business on relevant mitigation measures.
- Analyses compliance approval requests for resolution or escalation, with a particular focus on anti-corruption risks.
- Up to 30% travel is required (Once COVID-19 subsides)
- Self-starter with 7+ years of industry or consulting experience in ethics and compliance, risk mitigation, business process consulting, or internal audit, in a multinational company
- Ability to prioritise effectively in a fast-paced environment and work cross-functionally with multiple geographies, functions, and employees of diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a collaborative team-oriented problem-solving approach are critical
- High degree of professional ethics and attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English and the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Background in technology, media and advertising, telecommunications infrastructure, and proven knowledge of core business processes within these industries is a plus
- Fluency in French would be beneficial.
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.