Human Capital Partners (HCP) is a professional services firm specialising in the provision of professional services covering the entire spectrum of the Human Resources function. HCP is the successor firm of the erstwhile Executive Selection and Training Services group of KPMG in Nigeria.
The Group existed as the Executive Selection unit within Arthur Anders…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Building and Construction
Human Capital Partners (HCP) – Our client is a reputable Construction Company. As part of on-going initiatives to strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, they seek to recruit a dynamic, passionate and resourceful professional to fill the position of Quantity Surveyor.
The role holder will be responsible for;
Preparing Bill of Quantities and budgets for projects. The role holder will monitor such projects to ensure that company’s profit, time and quality objectives are achieved consistently
- Review construction plans and prepare quantity requirements.
- Ensure that targeted profit margins for each project milestones are achieved. This should be done through very strict project monitoring programs.
- Ensure that accurate and reliable Bills of Quantities and Budget are prepared for all projects and approved by relevant authority.
- Scrutinizing maintenance and material costs, as well as contracts to ensure the best deals.
- Copies of approved budget must be made available to the Site Project leader and the Accountant.
- Quotation for variation works must be prepared and the consultant Quantity Surveyor approval obtained at least a week before commencement of the job on site except in exceptional cases that must be brought to the prior knowledge of the senior Engineer or General Manager as appropriate.
- Ensure that all materials required on project site are made available timely.
- Ensure that all requests for payment and reimbursement are properly vetted before presentation for approval for payment.
- Preparing reports, analyses, contracts, budgets, risk assessment, and other documents
- Track and evaluate project performance against stated performance indicators and remediate as required.
- A first degree in quantity surveying or related fields from an accredited university.
- Minimum of Five (5) years’ cognate work experience from a construction company/ well-structured organisation.
- A thorough knowledge of construction contracts management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and persuasive skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly organised with an ability to work effectively to meet deadlines. A high attention to detail with an ability to follow through on commitments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.