MacTay Consulting has been in existence for over 28 years in Nigeria. We are a member of TACK and TMI, international consulting companies operating in over 60 countries and with a combined experience of over 80years.
Our global network of partners and experience means that our clients enjoy all the benefits of a local office, while drawing upon our multi…
Read more about this company
Outside – Plant Engineer / Designer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- The OSP Engineer / Designer will report to and work collaboratively with the Engineering Manager and Project Manager and will collaborate with the engineering / design team on the production of outside plant design for fiber-based telecommunications infrastructure projects in Nigeria nationwide.
- This work will include the planning, survey, design, and documentation of communications infrastructure, with an emphasis on OSP fiber optic cable infrastructure projects.
- An extensive knowledge of the standards and specifications of utility Right-of-Way owners and utility owners is required.
- An extensive knowledge of OSP construction practices for fiber optic cable plant is required.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Be familiar with field surveys of OSP network facilities
- Proficient in AutoCAD drawings
- Generate a Bill of Quantity (BOQ) from a design.
- Good communication with the project team to define requirements.
- Work with the implementation managers and / or field personnel to ensure quality and timely delivery of design and engineering services.
- Experience with CAD and field survey tools (Odometer, GPS, etc.) required.
- Working knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of OSP civil work and FO designs.
- Familiarity with design standards relative to fiber optics and civil work.
- Experience with OSP telecommunication industry engineering processes and practices, and their impact on project activities.
- Practical knowledge and work with MS word, excel, and PowerPoint
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.