Palladium Group is a privately owned real estate company. Its core businesses are Portfolio and Development investments. The Group invests for its own account and in partnership with private and institutional investors. Its knowledge and expertise allow for a combination of efficiency and quality of life aspects through a global approach to residential and c…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Team Leader (Serious and Organised Crime Prevention)
- Finance and Operations Manager
- Method of Application
Team Leader (Serious and Organised Crime Prevention)
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Job ID: req11729
- Based in Lagos, the Team Leader (TL) will be responsible for leading the delivery of the programme as part of the management team. The TL has overall in-country programmatic, financial and management responsibility for the project. The TL is a senior representative of the Company and as such ensures that risks are minimised, company policies, processes and procedures are adhered to and the project is compliant with client policies, rules and regulations.
- The role works closely with and manages the project team of technical and administrative professionals within Nigeria, and works with Palladium staff internationally and subcontractor staff. The Team Leader is the primary liaison with the Client in-country and, as delegated by the Project Director, will be expected to represent the company with other donors, partners and stakeholders, including the host country government.
- The TL will report directly to the Project Director
- Direct Reports:
- The TL will have line management responsibility for output managers, regional managers as well as the finance and administration manager.
- The TL will also oversee the delivery of short-term consultants as required.
- The accountability of the Team Leader with respect to project management cannot be delegated to others, either inside or outside the project team. Responsibility for carrying out the project implementation work is delegated to project staff as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team to ensure the ongoing professional development of project staff.
- Programme development and implementation, guiding the development and review of each output and their activities
- Lead the preparation of the annual strategic plans; technical and operational work plans and budgets; staffing plans; performance management and other planning activities as required
- Support in identifying new opportunities and driving forward innovative ideas.
- Use the programme’s Monitoring and Result Measurement data to guide the review of programme progress and inform strategy adaptation
- Liaise closely with the Project Director to identify lessons and programme thought-leadership subjects to allow Palladium to position itself of further engagements on this thematic area in Nigeria and similar contexts.
- Ensure cross-cutting elements are incorporated throughout the programme lifecycle, and proactively inform the programme strategy.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with key stakeholders including the consortium partners, the client, key government stakeholders (at the municipal and national level), other donor programmes which are working on similar issues and local implementing partners as selected.
- Lead the regular progress reporting to the client and contribute to the programme’s communications and learning outputs (exact report deliverables to be defined)
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on political developments in the country as well as the impact of the programme which also promotes learning across the Team and with wider stakeholders
- Liaise with the Client to ensure their satisfaction with the programme, escalating any real or perceived risks to the Project Director in a timely manner
- Performance management, training and mentoring of all project staff (including, where applicable, supporting line managers to manage and mentor more junior staff)
- Contribute to training needs assessment of the team, developing and implementing performance improvement plans and on-the-job training where appropriate
- Develop and maintain a positive and productive work environment with sub-contractors
- Responsible for the overall financial and operational management of the programme
Consultation and communication:
- The Team Leader is responsible for:
- Hosting weekly staff meetings for the project core team
- Attendance at bi-weekly management meetings, led by the Project Director
- Leading the development of reports and programme documents as required
- Attending all in-country meetings with the Client
- Reporting on issues and risks as required
- Regularly updating the Project Director through 1-2-1 discussions or management meetings
- Exception reports as and when required
- The role carries a high degree of autonomy with appropriate consultation.
- The role will be required to:
- Manage, analyse and make sound recommendations with respect to the project to the Project Director.
- Oversee the effective management of all project staff members.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies on delegation of expenditure and signing authorities.
- Ensure that all approval instructions are followed, with the understanding that the client contract and operating procedures take precedence over any other direction in this job description, the order of precedence being as follows: Client Contract, the Company’s Policy, Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures for project management and then Role Description.
- The post is domiciled in Lagos, Nigeria but will be required to make occasional travel within Nigeria and possibly internationally.
The suitable candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Significant technical experience working on the prevention of serious and organised crime in Nigeria, with an understanding of institutions and structures in the prevention space,
- Strong experience working on young people’s issues in Nigeria with an understanding of youth pathways into serious and organised crime.
- Demonstrable evidence of successful stakeholder engagement in Nigeria, particularly with central government ministries or local authorities working on serious and organised crime.
- Demonstrable experience in managing a team both in-person and remotely.
- An openness to innovation and willingness to learn about and support the implementation of non-traditional research and intervention methodologies.
- Excellent written and spoken English, suitable to produce reports and documentation at a level appropriate for an international donor client.
The following criteria will be considered an advantage:
- Language skills may be advantageous in the target regions (Lagos, Bayelsa, Edo, Zamfara).
- Interest or experience of youth involvement in entrepreneurship, arts and/or sports.
- Experience in a senior role on donor-funded international development programmes, particularly bilateral programmes from the UK government.
go to method of application »
Finance and Operations Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Job ID: req11730
- Palladium is recruiting for a Finance and Operations Manager to support the delivery of a programme focusing on the prevention of Serious and Organised Crime (SOC) in Nigeria.
- The position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria with the possibility of travel to project and partner locations (expected to be Edo, Zamfara, Bayelsa and Abuja).
- The Finance and Operations Manager will report directly to the Team Leader.
- To be confirmed, but there is a high likelihood of delegation to and organisation of junior staff and regional staff.
- The Finance and Operations Manager will work closely with the Team Leader based in Lagos, regional programme managers as well as the Project Management team based in Palladium HQ (Abuja or London).
- Responsibility for financial and operations tasks, including recruitment, procurement and management of budgets is likely to be delegated by the Team Leader to the Finance and Operations Manager.
- The Finance and Operations Manager is expected to perform their role autonomously with minimal supervision from the Team Leader and will be able to delegate some tasks to the junior programme staff.
The primary responsibilities of the Finance and Operations Manager, are as follows.:
- Ensuring compliance with both client and Palladium financial processes and systems
- Preparation of annual client and Palladium forecasts, with regular updates (at least monthly) to ensure minimal variance
- Management of the project bank account
- Preparation of weekly field vouchers and all payment approval documentation
- Preparation of monthly funds transfer requests for Palladium treasury detailing the forecast of expenditure for the month
- Working with the Team Leader to provide the required information for Value for Money reporting.
Human Resource Management:
- Prepare and maintain the fixed-term employment contracts for all project staff
- Prepare and maintain monthly payroll for all project staff, ensuring timely payment and the deduction of appropriate taxes and benefits
- Support the Team Leader in the establishment of the performance management system, and ensure compliance of all line managers with the requirements and timelines of the system
- Keep up to date with changes in local legislation surrounding employment legislation and employer and employee obligations
- Prepare and maintain consultancy agreements for project consultants
- Establish and maintain the project management manual, updating as required to ensure it remains up to date
- Ensure that all payments are made with the correct statutory deductions
- Ensure that all statutory deductions are remitted to the appropriate authorities within the necessary timeframe
- Oversee the project annual financial audit, including procurement of the audit firm (if requested by the client) and facilitation of the audit process
- Prepare and maintain contracts for local suppliers and agents
- Ensure that all contracts are filed and recorded in an auditable fashion
- Work with the Project Associate to ensure that all contracts are approved by Contracts and Compliance before signing, as required
- Oversee all procurement of goods and services
- Ensure compliance with both Palladium and client procurement procedures
- Establish and maintain the project asset register, ensuring it is up to date at all times and assets are managed and safeguarded appropriately
- Act as the primary liaison point between the landlord and the project
- Ensure that all office supplies are procured appropriately, and accurate stock records are kept for all consumable items
Safety and Security:
- Act as the Project Safety and Security focal point, liaising as necessary with the Palladium corporate security team
- Establish and maintain the project communications tree
- Maintain and update the project safety and security procedures as necessary throughout the life of the programme to ensure the safe and compliant operation of the project
Consultation and communication:
The F&O Manager is responsible for:
- Attendance and active participation at weekly staff meetings
- Participation in the development of reports and programme documents as required
- The post is domiciled in Lagos, Nigeria but will be required to make occasional travel within Nigeria, and possibly internationally.
The suitable candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Significant experience in the management of finance and operations within a project or organisation
- Demonstrable familiarity and experience with Nigerian requirements in the management of project finance (tax obligations, contract obligations, etc.)
- Excellent written and spoken English
The following will be considered an advantage:
- Experience of working on a donor-funded international development programme, especially a bilateral programme funded by the UK government.
- Languages skills that may be of use in project locations (Bayelsa, Edo, Lagos, Zamfara).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.