For centuries, the experience of sharing a beer has brought people and cultures together. Even in our hyper-connected, always-on world, this simple act is as meaningful today as it was generations ago.
We are AB InBev. Committed to driving growth that leads to better living for more people in more places. Through brands and experiences that bring people t…
Read more about this company
Laboratory Technician – Analytical
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Osun
- Job Field Manufacturing
Location: Ilesa, Osun
- An opportunity exists for a highly skilled and result driven Laboratory Technician-Analytical in our Plant located in South-West Nigeria reporting to the QC Specialist-Analytical. The successful incumbent would carry out sampling, sample preparation and analysis of raw materials, in-process samples and packaged product.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out specialized and highly specialized quality analyses for which the shift-based teams are not responsible.
- Record the results of analyses on appropriate information systems and communicate results where required.
- Conduct analysis of results to identify problems and improvement opportunities timeously.
- Assist the shift-based teams in the execution of quality analysis, where required.
- Conduct calibration of specialist equipment for which the labs are responsible and provide calibration assistance to the shift-based teams where required.
- Conduct required and requested quality audits, completing the appropriate documentation and communicating the results.
- Review quality analysis procedures of shift based teams, identifying problems or training needs and communicating these to the team leader.
- Conduct regular audits of calibration procedures of shift based production teams and communicating results.
- Conduct audits of analytic procedures to ensure compliance with COT guidelines, and identifying corrective actions required.
- Where required, initiate corrective actions coming out of the quality audits in areas that impact the laboratory.
- Support the shift based production teams in problem solving, providing specialist assistance and techniques.
- Coach, mentor and assist shift based production teams on problem solving and correct use of problem solving techniques.
- Support the shift based production teams by assisting in training needs analysis.
- Coach, mentor and assist shift based production teams quality analyses and correct use of analytical techniques.
- Carry out specialized analyses in support of the evaluation of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Determine additional analytical work required evaluating continuous improvement opportunities.
- Take part in regional and divisional process optimization initiatives as required
- Ability to utilise computer programmes extensively.
- Analytical ability. Communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Mental alertness and judgement.
- Problem solving skills.
- Precision and accuracy.
- Attention to detail.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of B.Sc / HND in Chemistry or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience in Laboratory, Brewing or Packaging operations.
- Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
- Good understanding of the principles and practices of Manufacturing Excellence
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.