We are an innovative, trusted partner in the provision of cutting-edge investment banking services.
Our broad range of service offerings comprises of Securities Dealing, Asset Management, Trusteeship, Corporate Finance, Private Equity, and Micro banking.
Since 1998, we have actively HandHeld our highly diversified client base – C…
Read more about this company
Internal Control Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 – 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Marina, Lagos
- Ensure compliance on report rendition to regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance to the bank rules, policies, and regulations.
- Reconciliation of correspondent bank accounts to ensure transactions are not outstanding beyond 2 weeks and bringing the exercise up to date.
- Review of the statutory returns to regulatory authorities and government agencies to ensure accuracy and timely rendition.
- Customers’ visitation for random deposit verification.
- Review the accuracy and reliability of financial transaction records – cash deposits, cash withdrawals, treasury bills investments, fixed deposits, and funds transfer.
- Engage in loan recovery and reconcile customers’ loan accounts for closure.
- Involve in the thorough review of the bank’s accounting software for efficiency.
- Investigate and report staff frauds.
- Review credit or loan files for compliance.
- Review accounting records to ensure proper and compliance with company’s extant policies.
- Review and recommend changes to some of the company’s policies to ensure adequate control.
- Conduct cash-counts of vaults.
- Reviewed customers’ account opening documents for compliance with Know Your Customer
- (“KYC”) policy and anti-money laundering requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s policies and conduct daily, weekly, and monthly General Ledger (GL) review for reconciliation.
- Review expenses & payments.
- Handle customer complaints (Fraud, disservice, etc).
- Conduct sweep exercise and spot check on tellers and account officers.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 7 years work experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.